Custom Map #1465: Rooms - Cursor Edition 1. By: chaotea

Started by AutoPost, May 02, 2021, 04:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1465: Rooms - Cursor Edition 1

Author: chaotea
Size: 251x251

chaotea

Forgot to update name of map to 'Rooms - Cursor Edition 1 V2', but since this was the 7th time i played it through and had to re-edit it, at 40+ min each, ill leave it at that :D

Shatterstep

I preferred the original. Too much crimson creeper in this one. The base towers couldn't make much headway on their own. Also, I still have no clue where most of the pumps link to, which made them difficult to utilize.

Having the totems on top of the micro-rifts sucked ass. They have to be active in order to prime, and once active they allow the micro-rifts underneath to spread creeper. Kills a few units before I can deactivate the activated totem (I know that sounds weird, but it is what it is).

Still a cool, clever map. Thanks for sharing it.

chaotea

Quote from: Shatterstep on May 03, 2021, 01:28:17 AM
I preferred the original. Too much crimson creeper in this one. The base towers couldn't make much headway on their own. Also, I still have no clue where most of the pumps link to, which made them difficult to utilize.

Having the totems on top of the micro-rifts sucked ass. They have to be active in order to prime, and once active they allow the micro-rifts underneath to spread creeper. Kills a few units before I can deactivate the activated totem (I know that sounds weird, but it is what it is).

Still a cool, clever map. Thanks for sharing it.

The Crimson tends to focus attention on certain areas. While before you could set up a defence and focus another location, it focus attention where the crimson is. It also provides a better reward for managing it. Remember its mainly a cursor map, with towers as a back up. They're not really meant to me the main force.
The pumps link was purposefully left vague. But locating them lets you use them to an advantage.

Not sure what you mean about the totems. You can turn of the 'armed' toggle, and the shield doesn't activate. This was designed as a mini foil for anyone not paying attention!

Anyway, glad you liked it.

Dismissdan

Great map. Enjoyed both versions. I was also a bit confused about where each pump went and how it worked but if it was intentionally confusing good job  ;D .
The nobuild/darktower part is a lot more straightforward. The last map I seriously thought it was a glitch how you couldn't get around (until I read here on the forum you have to sort of build your towers around the walls).

Hope you keep making maps!

ActionLuzifer

Hi, would you please tell me in a spoiler how to nullify the last Enemy?
I was able to clean the map entirely from the creeper and fill it with AntiCreeper, including the yellow square in the middle.

But i don't see how i can create a link next to the thing in the middle to create a nullifier.

Thanks in advance! :)

ha11oga11o

I really wish you make more map like this. Im keeping it in favorites since 1st day and play it from time - to time. Many thnx for your time and effort.

Cheers!

Dendril

Quote from: ActionLuzifer on July 06, 2021, 11:51:47 AM
Hi, would you please tell me in a spoiler how to nullify the last Enemy?
I was able to clean the map entirely from the creeper and fill it with AntiCreeper, including the yellow square in the middle.

But i don't see how i can create a link next to the thing in the middle to create a nullifier.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hint:
Spoiler
There's an Arg crate on the south wall of the yellow square.
[close]

Full spoiler:
Spoiler
You can use it to create an M-rift inside the square.
[close]

Great map, thank you!