Author: Dad

Desc:
Fe(a)st on this slug

Anonymeus

More like Monty Python's Flying Circus, methinks....  :P

thanks Dad!

Dad

Thank you A.

NB. For anyone voting/voted 1-star - Difficulty: Expert Only.

Dad

Damn, beat my own score by 5 mins. and still end up third, good work guys!

mfick

If anyone comes across this map, please provide a screenshot of how to get out from the beginning square.  I maxed out reactors on all available spaces and still do not have enough energy to use the relay to get out.  I know this is an old game, but there may be others who still play.  Thanks in advance.

Anonymeus

Judging by my initial comment on this map (but that was a very long time ago), I think the issue you may be facing is not so much the limit on the amount of energy as such, but the limited rate at which firepower can be delivered against the creeper using a conventional pipe...

Either way, Dad's maps are always worth a replay, so I'll take a look whether my theory is correct and revert..

UPDATE:
Spoiler
yup, you've gotta find a creative way of storing up enough energy and firepower to break out ..(this is one neat trick that'll help you on a lot of expert only maps)
[close]

Also, Dad is a sadist, so
Spoiler
don't just be careful about which upgrades you choose, but also about when you activate them..
[close]

This is a great map, thanks for giving me an occasion to replay it!

Good luck!!

mfick

I max out the available space and cannot hold the square for long.  If I can hold the square, I should be able to 'float' blasters to bust out.   This map may be beyond my skillset.  I need to learn the tricks you are alluding to.  Maxing out reactors and increase the fire rate is not working. 

(I enjoy playing all of these maps.  Looking at the dates of most of the comments, too bad I'm late to the game.  I'm glad you responded.  Thank you!)

Anonymeus

alright, alright..

so you get to pick 2 upgrades at the beginning...

Spoiler
one of them, obviously, should be more energy.. 
[close]

the emitters at the east side of the square (the wall that breaks last) are stronger than the others 
Spoiler
you need to activate the 15% more firepower upgrade just before that wall breaks, but not too much long before, otherwise you waste too much energy
[close]

and last but not least.. your setup should leave you with 3 to 4 spots for building blasters... (the rest being energies, connectors and a storage for luck)

Spoiler
but you will you need a few more than 4 blasters in order to successfully conquer the steps to the south east of the square
[close]

UPDATE:

Ah wait, on rereading I think I understand your specific problem.. in addition to all of the above 
Spoiler
avoid running a deficit at all costs, so only build when your energy count is rising.. the required timing is quite tight..
[close]