Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9992: 043-more Bugs

Author: AlexX
Size: 128x256

Desc:
ups...

D0m0nik

Fantastic map, the start had a hint of PastorHealer with those bugs and the game play shifted as you progressed, lots of unique challenges along the way. 10/10

rennervate

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 24, 2022, 05:30:50 AM
Fantastic map, the start had a hint of PastorHealer with those bugs and the game play shifted as you progressed, lots of unique challenges along the way. 10/10

...now I'm a little flattered... THX

i played the map 3 times - even I enjoy it
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

As in a PH map, I restarted a bunch of times with the aim of domainating the bottom area, getting a load of cannons up without popping bugs was the key.

spirix

Beautiful! This one I liked a lot! :-)

rennervate

Quote from: spirix on April 24, 2022, 11:26:38 AM

wow that's a completely different approach

rennervate

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 24, 2022, 11:03:49 AM
As in a PH map, I restarted a bunch of times with the aim of domainating the bottom area, getting a load of cannons up without popping bugs was the key.

can't make it without popping this shitty bugs

spirix

Quote from: rennervate on April 24, 2022, 12:15:57 PM
Quote from: spirix on April 24, 2022, 11:26:38 AM

wow that's a completely different approach

took me some time... this save was 5 hours in... damn bugs! :D

D0m0nik

Wow, that's quite an approach. My plan was cut digitalis straight away but avoidpopping bugs for a while.

Helper

D,
That's some serious development in less than two minutes.
Your grid layout is perfect in a heavy bug map. Even if a bunch of Collectors get stunned, the grid (power generation) stays intact.

I gave up on this PH-ish map after a few tries, but might have to go back after seeing your screen grab.

Thanks for the assist!
H

D0m0nik

Can be improved with relays. Next step, reactors on PZs and push out with cannons!

AstraNine

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 24, 2022, 01:50:22 PM
Wow, that's quite an approach. My plan was cut digitalis straight away but avoidpopping bugs for a while.

How do you build that lot in less than 2 minutes? I struggle to get 3 towers built in that time. Is there some aspect of the game i'm missing?

D0m0nik

Quote from: AstraNine on April 26, 2022, 06:10:41 AM
Quote from: D0m0nik on April 24, 2022, 01:50:22 PM

How do you build that lot in less than 2 minutes? I struggle to get 3 towers built in that time. Is there some aspect of the game i'm missing?

Hey

Just for a trial land your CN and pause the game. Lay out all the collectors exactly like I have done. Unpause and let the collectors start to build. As they cost 1 power this will happen quickly. As soon as your power bar at the top hits the middle green mark start building a couple of cannons, if the green bar continues to rise build a couple more. As long as you keep that green bar at half full you will always be building at full speed. If it is red or fully green you are not building at optimal speed, you are either wasting energy (full green energy bar) or grinding to a halt (in the red). Give it a go  :)

AstraNine

Blimey I have been playing this game for well over a year and never knew that!. Never even glance at the top bars or ever pause a game. Excellent advice, thanks.

D0m0nik

I have been playing the game, or earlier versions for the best part of two decades and still learn new things all the time. There's a lot going on for a seemingly simple game!