Custom Map #8736: Cursor and Abraxis. By: TrickyCorp Cursor levels

Started by AutoPost, August 06, 2020, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8736: Cursor and Abraxis

Author: TrickyCorp Cursor levels
Size: 100x80

Desc:
This time abraxis gets to attack alongside with your cursor. Again, capture flip-emitters (All the custom ones in this case) to increase the cursor power. Use your cursor to aid you in attacking a faraway island. And that bertha, of course. Good luck and Have fun! Scripts have been updated and are now easy to use. #Cursor #NoMines #AC #Void #Spores #Nodigitalis #CRPL #LimitedForge

TrickyPlayer

I would say this 'cursor' series might be getting very interesting, especially since it isn't that hard to make things target the cursor. People don't need to put that much effort to make the cursor part of their levels. Maybe this could be involved in one of these maps with only AC and no weapons, too? I mean, placing AC at any location almost has to create some interesting opportunities, right?
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Builder17

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on August 06, 2020, 12:57:54 PM
Maybe this could be involved in one of these maps with only AC and no weapons, too? I mean, placing AC at any location almost has to create some interesting opportunities, right?

Flip-emitters need to be different so that it can be used in CSM :) Right now they instantly flip when they get enough AC.

Or maybe disallow placing AC into creeper? That way it can be used to increase AC in frontlines.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Builder17 on August 06, 2020, 01:10:08 PM

Flip-emitters need to be different so that it can be used in CSM :) Right now they instantly flip when they get enough AC.

Or maybe disallow placing AC into creeper? That way it can be used to increase AC in frontlines.

You can't place AC in creeper already. Try it out, hold your cursor above any amount of  creeper. Nothing will happen at all. You can try to slowly push using the frontline instead. You could also try to add a script saying it will only add AC at a certain terrain level (So you can change flip-emitter terrain to not allow for AC placing too nearby). For CSM levels you will want the cursor power to have an as low delay as possible so it won't charge through to the emitters, but you don't want it to be too powerful either. That being said, I think there are enough possibilities. I might even add some of these extra options myself. For example, the minimal(technically maximal) AC/creeper level for the cursor to create AC at should be editable.

However, if a Bertha removes all the creeper you can indeed just flip any emitter with that. This is why future levels with this concept should not use the Bertha unit. Another thing to note is that I use AddCreeper so that it will work properly with multiple cores.

Edit: Uploaded a new level with updated scripts. These work perfectly and are easy enough to use. Just don't try to figure out what is actually going on, because I didn't add that much comments to the code.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P