Play As Creeper maps

Started by wulfangelus, September 24, 2014, 04:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wulfangelus

I've played a number of these maps by stewbasic and stdout and had far too much fun on all of them.

I was wondering if anyone had a full list of this type of map which I might be able to use to add more of this type to my favourites list.

I may be being thick and missing an easy way of searching for them, so any assistance would be very much appreciated.

And if stewbasic or stdout see this SO MUCH thankyous - just as I needed something different to try, you have probably already added another 20-30 hours to the XXX hours spent in this world :)

DestinyAtlantis

All of stdout's play as creeper maps have the #PlayAsCreeper hashtag, so if you search playascreeper you will see all of them.
The original map is Creeper Comeback, by stewbasic. More maps will be made, when the CRPL code develops (The enemy (humans) get some strategy, you get the full arsenal of weapons (runners, Air Exclusion), heck, there even may be a point where you get the custom CRPL creeper ones. But first, it needs to be coded, which is probably not an easy task. Also the submitting of the map itself is a bit tricky.

Linden

Quote from: wulfangelus on September 24, 2014, 04:20:24 AM
I've played a number of these maps by stewbasic and stdout and had far too much fun on all of them.

I was wondering if anyone had a full list of this type of map which I might be able to use to add more of this type to my favourites list.

I may be being thick and missing an easy way of searching for them, so any assistance would be very much appreciated.

And if stewbasic or stdout see this SO MUCH thankyous - just as I needed something different to try, you have probably already added another 20-30 hours to the XXX hours spent in this world :)

Thanks for asking this, wulfangelus - I had trouble searching for any more too, but then realised (from reading the forums) that stewbasic's and stdout's are the only ones available. I think. :D I'm prepared to be corrected on that, anyway.

I think it was Stdout who said in a post somewhere that playing this type of map scratches an itch he never knew he had, and I totally agree. They're absolutely great. I do realise they're a lot trickier than the 'standard' maps, and all effort is so appreciated. 

stdout

Everything above is accurate. I've only made 3 maps and I always tag them as #PlayAsCreeper.

The process of creating these maps is time consuming and can be frustrating because the code is spread across a lot of scripts and everything has to be just right. Finishing it and preparing it for CS is also a barrier. I think these reasons are why nobody else has done it.

I really believe that making CW4 be a "Play as the Creeper" full blown game would be an awesome move by Virgil.

This post reminds me that I should make another map soon. :)

harrymcb

these are my favorite maps ever! i absolutely love them ;D

Buck

Agree with the others, I really like these maps.  Good job and thanks for the hard work. 

wulfangelus

New PAC map out, with new twist - incorporating another of the new features use by the coders on here.

Honestly, cant even start to work out how the code works, nor do I care.
Its just bloody good fun to play :D