Custom Map #419: Flooded Base. By: Doug

Started by AutoPost, December 07, 2016, 05:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #419: Flooded Base

Author: Doug
Size: 180x320

Desc:
Enjoy :) Made this for myself but if you enjoy harder starts and mowing down structure with blue particulate then you might enjoy this.

Stickman

=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

svartmes

One of the best maps ever! I like harder maps and really enjoyed this one, 10/10 from me.

Doug

Quote from: Stickman on December 07, 2016, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: AutoPost on December 07, 2016, 05:23:02 PM
harder start

Understatement.

LOL... At least I warned you? ;)

Quote from: svartmes on December 08, 2016, 02:07:06 AM
One of the best maps ever! I like harder maps and really enjoyed this one, 10/10 from me.

Thanks! Always appreciate the feedback :)

Stickman

Quote from: Doug on December 08, 2016, 10:19:56 AM
Quote from: Stickman on December 07, 2016, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: AutoPost on December 07, 2016, 05:23:02 PM
harder start

Understatement.

LOL... At least I warned you? ;)

Indeed, you warned us.

I liked heavy use of benign particles on this map, I don't see that too often. Out-of-reach amp gem factory is a nice touch - more amp gems are probably not required for final assault, but it's a good choice - I can ignore factory and try to attack with what I currently have or, if I'm not being successful with my attacks or I just don't feel powerful enough to even attempt these attacks, I can set up defenses and wait for tankers to supply factory with energy. That's a really nice idea - if you are not good enough, you can trade your time record for more potential power, making final assault easier. This way, better players get the challenge and better times and worse players get better chance to complete the map, not being stuck in standstill after battling through two-thirds of the map.
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

Doug

I intended the two gunship pick ups to be a similar item for people that may need just a little more firepower but I think they fell flat. Pretty easy push once you can get them(in my opinion) and they didn't really perform how I thought they would either when I tossed them out there.

yum-forum

Quote from: Doug on December 08, 2016, 04:54:24 PM
I intended the two gunship pick ups to be a similar item for people that may need just a little more firepower but I think they fell flat. Pretty easy push once you can get them(in my opinion) and they didn't really perform how I thought they would either when I tossed them out there.

Very weak gunship for so hard map with 6000 red particles.  And shortage of all resources. :-\
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Doug

Quote from: yum-forum on December 08, 2016, 09:23:42 PM
Quote from: Doug on December 08, 2016, 04:54:24 PM

Very weak gunship for so hard map with 6000 red particles.  And shortage of all resources. :-\

Lol... You dont need them to win yum ;)

Your trenches map had the same issue for me at the beginnng. I very much enjoyed it anyhoo.. Love a challenge