Linux Availability & Steam Access

Started by Shockblast DX, May 21, 2016, 10:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shockblast DX

I usually play on Linux, and I have been wanting to play CW and CW2 there. But considering my Linux program is being weird, it does not accept apps for download, so I have to get it on Steam. It's getting tiring playing CW3 only.

Karsten75

CW1 and CW2 are not Linux-compatible.

Shockblast DX

Could he at least change it in some way to make it compatible?

Shockblast DX

Thanks for letting me know, but I can't install anything. The program I'm currently using is weird, and won't download apps as they're supposed to. Instead it gives me the Archive Manager.

Sominaka

planetfall

Is there any particular reason you don't/can't use WINE?

The Linux version of AIR is very old (the CW2 version it supports doesn't have custom map support) and, at least in my experience, CW1 on Linux AIR is unplayable due to graphical glitches. However, my experience playing them through WINE was basically flawless once I got it actually working.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

tornado

Quote from: planetfall on May 03, 2017, 11:37:23 PM
Is there any particular reason you don't/can't use WINE?

While i have no valuable contributions to this i feel i have so say this:So far Wine doesn't really work, at least not for me or anyone i work with.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Shockblast DX

Like I said before, I can't download anything. For some reason, Wine wasn't pre-installed with the distro I have.