Custom Map #4635: Shining Mission. By: tamrin

Started by AutoPost, July 27, 2017, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4635: Shining Mission

Author: tamrin
Size: 255x255

Desc:
Main idea of this map was to create crossroad so the player can decide which way should he take first or is it possible to choose both? :D good luck with 2000 Amt inhibitor.

stdout

GoodMorning

Possible? Yes. Practical? Not for me. That being said, realising I could get to the NW before the NE Core had fallen would have helped.

I've stalled after taking the L. It feels as if the third CN should do something, and it looks as if the SE becomes accessible when the Terp is available, and from there the Guppy island. So far, I have rejected the options of mass assault (no way to hold the ground), CN flight (nowhere to land) and CRPL trigger (I can't find one, and it doesn't ft the style). The Freeze AoO seems to be unobtainable.

My best guess is the square top-left of the Terp island. However, it is emphatically out of range of the only nearby PZ drop. What am I missing?

Edit: Got it. The Freeze isn't relevant, nor is the PRPL. I didn't need the SE islands at all until the Inhibitor was down and I was gathering keys (yes, only to see if it could be done).

Spoiler

Mass air assault, fly a CN past from the landing site I hadn't noticed near the Inhibitor. Easiest to take out the nearby Emitter first.
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

RrR

Maybe I'm being dim (again), but I wasn't sure where the "crossroad" was and where I should choose which way to go.
Spoiler

Went right, then down, then all the way right (saving AC emitters, and nullifying CRPL emitter as soon as possible), then central island for PZs. Finish off the left side and mop-up.
[close]

GoodMorning

I think the choice was supposed to be whether to go right or down.

tamrin

yes it was. In many of my maps I give only one possible way but I wanted to try to give choose if u want to go down or right before u continue.

stdout

I enjoyed the map. Nice challenge without it being brutally punishing. I feel like there has to be a way to snag the berthas and terp at game open but I couldn't do it. May try again for that later.

Loved that the forge was available early, with small aether packet rewards as the player progresses. Very nice balance and helped tremendously to be able to upgrade packet speed as you go.

Still putting my vote out for relays being available earlier.  :)

hbarudi

another map I cannot do, got the upper areas, but after the L shaped island how do I get terp and/or guppy?

stdout

Spoiler
Use a relay on a PZ all the way to the left. It's enough to then reach down to the island below.
[close]

GoodMorning

Ummm... stdout?

I recall trying that, and finding every PZ either made of Void or too for away. Going right from the L can be done by relay-from-PZ, but where are you relaying from on the left? I couldn't connect that island (Terp) until I took out the AET and used that PZ to relay upward - by which point I had the Terp tech.

stdout

Ok, I remember now. You have to nullify the two corner emitters in the SW island that has the inhibitor. Then you can use one of those PZs to link up to the island to the north of it.

GoodMorning

Spoiler
I landed a CN in the SW, and built on the Terp island during flyovers with air support clearing space. Once I had the Terp, I created a landing pad there.
[close]

hbarudi

Thanks for the tips, the only way to progress is to use shift c to remove the creeper from view and look at the ground to see those sweet spots that allow the relay to connect and also the place to nullify that emitter on the uneven ground in the bottom of the square island that is next to where we start. After getting the terp island first, then the fight through 300 thick creeper to get the guppy and the totems and max out the forge to battle the inhibitor spot.