Custom Map #647: The River. By: Samswimmer

Started by AutoPost, June 10, 2014, 12:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #647: The River

Author: Samswimmer
Size: 128x84

Desc:
The giant green thing is simply a large and strong emitter, and there are several barriers inside it to delay creeper flow and make nullfication difficult. The nullifier will have to be placed within the emitter. The red circle is The River. Fill it with 10,000 AC Packets to see what it does. Keep feeding it for extra help along the way. Just a test of the custom map features and CRPL, which was oddly intuitive, considering I typically use OOP languages.

Helper

Great work!
Thanks for putting it together.
H

stdout

I had to play the map twice to get the full enjoyment out of it. The first time I beat the map before the red dot could activate.  :P

I too found CRPL to be oddly intuitive. When I first read the tutorial it confused me but once I started writing some code it was refreshingly easy.

Vanguard

Nice CRPL, but the giant Emitter blocking my view and the necessity to get bertha´s / thor put me off. Didn´t finish the map.

Asbestos

What exactly does the River do? I finished the map before using it and I'm too lazy to replay.

stdout

The red dot creates a river just like you would with the mass artifact. Basically a long trench from the red dot up to the green emitter. It then floods the river with AC. It's actually a pretty cool effect and you should play again and check it out.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Vanguard on June 10, 2014, 02:06:27 PM
Nice CRPL, but the giant Emitter blocking my view and the necessity to get bertha´s / thor put me off. Didn´t finish the map.

You can kill it without berthas or thors.  I do agree that the view blocking is a big problem, though.  The hardest part of the map is figuring out how to actually get the kill and that's just annoyance, not skill.

toolforger

Nice idea, but having the view blocked is really annoying.
The big red circle has the same problem, but at least it doesn't obscure anything important. Well, hopefully ;-)