Custom Map #279: Particle Painter. By: Argon Corp

Started by AutoPost, November 02, 2016, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #279: Particle Painter

Author: Argon Corp
Size: 250x250

Desc:
Place particles, connect them, remove them and drag them around to create any pattern you like. Mirror and rotational symmetry tools let you make even more complex images. This is the most complex PRPL level I've created yet, and I'll probably expand on it in the future. However, I'm not sure right now what I want to do with it, so I'm posting it for anyone who wants to play around. If you make something cool, please post a screenshot on the map's forum thread! PRPL Scripts by Ty Brantner

Argonwolf

If anybody needs help, or has any feature requests or ideasfor how I could apply this particle-editing program, please feel free to post here and I'll try to answer.

Oblivion

I think this idea is amazing and that being able to drag and "paint particles" could be an idea if you are planning on furthering it.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

GoodMorning

As for an application: Using the command "Debug", you can write to a file in the game directory. A very useful way to apply this would be to generate the PRPL to make the pattern, and output it to this file.

Keep it up, these scripts are looking useful.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Well, I've book marked this map. I'll play it soon. And also look at that script. :P
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Argonwolf

Quote from: GoodMorning on November 02, 2016, 10:58:07 PM
As for an application: Using the command "Debug", you can write to a file in the game directory. A very useful way to apply this would be to generate the PRPL to make the pattern, and output it to this file.

Keep it up, these scripts are looking useful.

Oh man, I didn't know you could output to a file! That's amazing, now my original plan for this script can go ahead without issue! Thanks for letting me know that.

Argonwolf

Lol, people REALLY hate this level. If anyone could tell me why, I'd certainly like to hear! :D

TLFP

I've noticed that you can spawn particles upon particles in one cell and just a little touch and poof!
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

Argonwolf

Quote from: TheLongFellowPLAYER on November 04, 2016, 01:54:21 PM
I've noticed that you can spawn particles upon particles in one cell and just a little touch and poof!

I know, it's like in Minecraft when you spawn a bunch of chickens on top of each other and then walk up to them and collapse the chick-ularity, and then there's chickens everywhere and the server is at 4 fps and the admin tells you to please not destroy his server. Not that I'd know from experience or anything...

GoodMorning

This is relaxing... until I try making a 13-way rotational symmetry vortex, and realise that I now need to bond each arm individually.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.