Custom Map #249: Mothership Prototype Program. By: Lazuul

Started by AutoPost, October 27, 2016, 02:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #249: Mothership Prototype Program

Author: Lazuul
Size: 420x180

Desc:
Testing grounds for the mothership initiative. There is an array of ship pickups to use on this mission. Be warned, there are more ships availible than will fit in your database. Choose wisely. (Don't lose HQ, it is intended to stay behind the wall.)

Doug

I like the design but the mothership is a little over powering in my opinion. I like overpowered ships though so I had fun...

Spoiler
It seemed kinda easy since all you need is the mothership and lathe. I just surrounded emitters with the mother ship's scoop and then brought the lathe in. After a couple I just went right to the end.
[close]

Lisimba

Fun map. I like the mothership-with-drones mechanic.

For some reason the lathe on my HQ didn't work so I had to build a lathe ship over the left wall to lathe the instruction things. They take rather long to get them all, there has to be a better way to provide the ship instructions. Still, it's great that there is some detail on each custom ship at all.

Spoiler
I wanted to keep my mothership safe so I surrounded it with drones and let them do the work (together with the omnis). This was fun, felt like commanding a small army, and choosing and positioning the drones mattered. Perhaps the mothership should be weaker to prevent using it as a giant shield wall / battering ram? Doug's solution is clever but it seems considerably less fun.
[close]

chwooly

Quote from: Lisimba on October 27, 2016, 08:10:55 PM
Fun map. I like the mothership-with-drones mechanic.

For some reason the lathe on my HQ didn't work so I had to build a lathe ship over the left wall to lathe the instruction things. They take rather long to get them all, there has to be a better way to provide the ship instructions. Still, it's great that there is some detail on each custom ship at all.

Spoiler
I wanted to keep my mothership safe so I surrounded it with drones and let them do the work (together with the omnis). This was fun, felt like commanding a small army, and choosing and positioning the drones mattered. Perhaps the mothership should be weaker to prevent using it as a giant shield wall / battering ram? Doug's solution is clever but it seems considerably less fun.
[close]

Spoiler
The Lathe was turned off, You could have turned it if you wanted to
[close]
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Doug

I will concede that my method was likely less fun lol. I like op ships that can't be destroyed though ;)

D0m0nik

Yeah agree with Doug, I love the idea of a big mothership but does not work with a boss emitter thingy as you can just go straight for it.

Spoiler
I didn't bother taking any emitters apart from the one to the SW of the boss emitter. I also did not collect any of the pick ups. I just flew the Mother straight over keeping the smaller ships safe within the big ships shield.
[close]