Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #44: Planes in Space

Author: jaworeq
Size: 350x300

Desc:
Can you score a 10 at each target?

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

chwooly

Great map, 1 draw back is the lack of descriptions available for ships, With so many options available via the ship editor the inability to have a handy ship manual available will be a liability.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

TheWife

I tried to name them to reflect a function, but that also isn't easy with the limit on characters.
That was one of the reasons why I've decided to start the map with some ships already built. You can go on quite easily from there.
The other reason being me calculating some times it takes to build the ships. xP

GoodMorning

When the ship API is released, would you like a script to accelerate the first build of a ship? Rebuilds to take the full time (or not, as you set it), but the first build to be accelerated, say, to 5x, or to be ready by 5min (given enough power).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

TheWife

Aww, that's sweet of you, to offer a hand with the scripts. :)
However, it isn't that bad with having some of them at the start here, is it? I thought about it while creating the map and came to a conclusion, that:
1. I had an impression that when there are huge ships, people often don't build them at all and just go with smaller ones (one of the bigger planes, I know, builds for over 3 minutes.. I just didn't make a note which :P);
2. giving them at the start lets you jump almost straight into action - otherwise there'd be not much to do until anything builds;
3. this map is about targets and timing, dunno how hard it is to push a good time, but I hope it's fun to do it. :)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: TheWife on September 21, 2016, 01:56:56 AM
However, it isn't that bad with having some of them at the start here, is it? I thought about it while creating the map and came to a conclusion, that:
1. I had an impression that when there are huge ships, people often don't build them at all and just go with smaller ones (one of the bigger planes, I know, builds for over 3 minutes.. I just didn't make a note which :P);
2. giving them at the start lets you jump almost straight into action - otherwise there'd be not much to do until anything builds;
3. this map is about targets and timing, dunno how hard it is to push a good time, but I hope it's fun to do it. :)

So right on every count.

It was a challenge to get the order and timing right - until you capture some mines and get upgrades, it's a real energy juggle. 

If you throw all of your ships into battle straight off, they'll all starve, so judging what to commit and when is the key.

Again, thanks for giving hints as to the function of the ships in their names.

I'm old and set in my ways - having to learn the capabilities of a new set of ships on every new map I play is somewhat tedious, so anything that allows me to jump in, familiar with the concept of each ship is a real boon.

I loved the triple lathe configuration and the pocket mk7's!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

TheWife

Aye. Adding the two beam ships, for example, might have been a tiny bit malicious on my part. 8D

I've seen a tripple lathe in action on someone's map before and figured they'd be really handy to have. :)

GoodMorning

Talk to me slowly...

Having a prebuilt fleet, I was wondering why I couldn't get any power out of mines or land. Much puzzling, mental script design, editor imports, bug consideration...

Then I realised I hadn't brought in the HQ.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.