Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #36: Tanks in Space

Author: jaworeq
Size: 300x250

Desc:
Particles are not everything.

Nicant

For some reason, i cannot play your map. There is no "Details" button on the bottom of the slot.
Edit: This is what i see...
CW4 hype!!

knucracker

My bad... fixed in the build coming here in an hour or so.  In the mean time, click on the grid view for the Exchange and you will be able to access the map.  I guess that's one advantage to having two views for the same data (so I don't feel so bad about all the work put into maintaining both those views).

Cavemaniac

Awesome map.

Does what it says on the label!

It put me in mind of those early '80's 8 bit two player tank games.

One thing I particularly liked was the thoughtful labeling of the tanks - too often a custom ship needs a crystal ball and some experimentation to figure out what it's capabilities are.

Lathe tank.
Wolf tank.
MK7 tank.

Easy!

An excellent balance - omnis useful, but not (as has been suggested elsewhere) overpowered or available in large numbers.

Lack of tankers makes the gameplay strategic.

And the tanks themselves....

Well - again, well balanced. They're reasonably expensive, but they're tough.

An interesting design consideration is
Spoiler
the MK7's forward mounted big gun is vulnerable and can be knocked out of action surprisingly easily. This has some correlation to WWII tanks - some of the tank destroyers were very powerful, but also vulnerable so they had to be supported.
[close]
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

steelwing

Seconded.  This one was fun.  Took me longer to beat than it probably needed to.  You REALLY need the move/build speed and mine production buffs from amp gems to win this one, given how many times my tanks had to be rebuilt.