Custom Map: More fun with Thor

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2011, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: More fun with Thor

Author: Dad

Desc:
Hoped this'd be a Med but then with Thor around it has be an Easy. Plenty of power here so you dont have to concern yourself with the (rather tedious at times) building of capacity, speed etc. However i chucked in some spores cuz Thor deals with these pesky blighters with much the same contempt.

fridge

awesome killing map, use thor wisely, killed one corner out of creeper before broke through the walls

CtopherMI

Wow, at first I thought it would just be boring, but when you try to push your time as much as possible and with all those damn spores it gets a little intense.  I isolated two corners before thor was built, but I think that may have actually delayed the time before thor was active.  If I optimize my energy better (I was running some pretty big deficits) the time might get a little quicker yet.  Thanks for the map!

Chris

fridge

Hi Chris, I optimized it for you  :D, made some mistakes, though. May be we can beat 3 minutes marker ?  :o

CtopherMI

I had 3:06 and restarted to see if I could do better but did 3 seconds worse  ::)  Still not opitimizing my best, though, and think that under 3 minutes is possible :)

Skip that - got it by 1 second this last time :o

fridge

Awesome !!  :D Which corner you saved first ? I saved first right-bottom corner, than left-upper corner. Good job !

CtopherMI

I tried it that way at first, but then decided to get the bottom left first.  The upper left is easy because you just surround it at your leisure and they are ready and waiting when the walls come down.  Then I had blasters waiting for the bottom right when thor was finished building (starting moving them a moment before thor finished).

Watch you improve my score now that you know how I did it!

fridge

No, I won't ! You've beaten me. Let's see next time  :)