Custom Map: Land, Sea, and Air, Part 2: Geothermal Vent

Started by AutoPost, December 05, 2010, 10:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Land, Sea, and Air, Part 2: Geothermal Vent

Author: Michionlion

Desc:
LSA Part 2 is here!

Now, since I couldn't beat this map, I must thank Colin for his better then normal proformance with this.

Enjoy!

burguertime

Very nice.  I blew the first three tries because i tried to expand too much.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Colin

Yeah, Mich couldn't beat it, but I helped him a
little bit, and I think he could now.  ;) If anyone
needs help ask me.
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Michionlion

Forum thread is HERE.

LSA Part 3 is HERE.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Karsten75

This map is not as hard as you make it out to be. Concentrate on energy - I think you build your blasters way too early.

Michionlion

Well... But your an expert at cw.  It might seem easier to you then others.

Edit:  i'll try your stratagy though... might be a better way.

btw, it is posible to win without the walls being dammaged.  (a new challenge if you want one :))
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

Has anybody noticed that after a while the creeper comeing out of the vent sort of favors the right side?  i can't explain this.  the terrian is symetrical, the emmiters are all on the same square and basicly the same exept for the intenisity and starting time.  can anybody explain this?
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

SPIFFEN

The outer edges of the map is different , so thats why the right side gets stronger .

Edit : count the sqares from the center to the right and left side ,
there is 1 more square on the left side .
And that line of low terrain on the left side ,
has room for alot of creeprs =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Michionlion

ahh... see, i have to count the little details *:P me*.

also, see here for saying 'creeprs'
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

DethbyIT

Michionlion,
This is the first of your maps that I've tried and it was excellent.
Thank you for putting it together.

"LSA" has a special meaning for me - do you know what "EGA" stands for?
If so, that would be an outstanding template for a map.

Thanks,
dbit

Michionlion

Well, welcome to my map worlds... i see you've played a lot of my other maps now.  And no, i don't know what EGA stands for, could you enlighten me (in PM, please)?
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!