Custom Map #10961: Childish attempt at PAC 5 - no tricks. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, November 27, 2023, 11:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 29, 2023, 01:53:06 PM
Quote from: stdout on November 29, 2023, 08:47:54 AMIf the wall of AC breaks, you have lost and will need to restart (or go to a previous save).

The bottom right can be taken purely by spores. Set most of your emitters to spore towers and make them all hit simultaneously. It will take several waves before you finally get a hit. In my playthrough I disconnected the right from the left with digitalis (carefully avoiding the wall!) before the spore storm.

I never fired on the wall, it broke anyway.

When you fire a spore into the void it creates a giant splash with a very thin film of creeper. That's enough to grind down that wall over (some) time.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on November 29, 2023, 02:05:38 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on November 29, 2023, 01:53:06 PM
Quote from: stdout on November 29, 2023, 08:47:54 AMIf the wall of AC breaks, you have lost and will need to restart (or go to a previous save).

The bottom right can be taken purely by spores. Set most of your emitters to spore towers and make them all hit simultaneously. It will take several waves before you finally get a hit. In my playthrough I disconnected the right from the left with digitalis (carefully avoiding the wall!) before the spore storm.

I never fired on the wall, it broke anyway.

When you fire a spore into the void it creates a giant splash with a very thin film of creeper. That's enough to grind down that wall over (some) time.

Must be what happened to me, the thin film must have reached down there from a fairly distant battle.

Johnny Haywire

Dude.

Very well-planned PAC. As much as I like your maps that have various "tricks" incorporated into them, I think I enjoy your pure strategy maps even better. This one took me a while because the AC was over 1,000 deep by the time I took out the final CN on the lower left. But it was worth it.

This is one of those maps you actually feel good about beating. Great job!

Thanks for the map!!!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?