Custom Map: Death V1

Started by AutoPost, August 07, 2010, 11:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Death V1

Author: Crysen

Desc:
Fairly straightfoward map, with the creeper more irritating than actually threatening. If reasonably well recieved, I will attempt to create another version which will (hopefully) actually live up to its name, and will challenge even the better players.

Karsten75

IMHO this map is a lot more boring than your first effort. Sorry.

What is there to do? Move the blasters, connect to the relay tech, then sit there while you build a string of relays while never in danger.

Crysen

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 07, 2010, 11:32:06 AM
IMHO this map is a lot more boring than your first effort. Sorry.

What is there to do? Move the blasters, connect to the relay tech, then sit there while you build a string of relays while never in danger.

Yes, I know it is, thanks for the honesty! This is actually a prelude to a much more complicated idea, but it's too intricate for me to work it out right now; the actual version (based on this setup) will require a lot of micromanaging to keep OC alive, but I forsee a lot of trouble getting the creeper settings just right, so I thought I'd put this one up first.

km

Despite the above comment I liked this puzzle with few options and few resources. Getting to the relay was quite tough with only 2 blasters and OC potentially under threat. Thanks.

Crysen

Quote from: km on August 07, 2010, 01:09:40 PM
Despite the above comment I liked this puzzle with few options and few resources. Getting to the relay was quite tough with only 2 blasters and OC potentially under threat. Thanks.

Thanks! Like what Karsten said though, I think the creeper on the two side channels inside the structure could have been more aggressive to make it a little more challenging.