Custom Map #520: Estrox. By: Mikoz

Started by AutoPost, May 01, 2014, 01:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #520: Estrox

Author: Mikoz
Size: 99x99

Desc:
Collect and build a new #CRPL unit to achieve a victory over creeper in an unusual way. Harsh #TechLimits - no cannons or guppies. #NoDigitalis and #NoSpores, but loads of creeper.

Randomgold

I just started playing and I found a rather nasty bug with your new unit.  When I try to build just that one unit, it's fine.  But then I can't stop building it.  No matter what I click, I build the new guy.  Whenever I try and switch to building something else, I build the new one.  Weapons, structures, titans.  None of it matters.  It all turns out to be the new structure.  The only way I've seen that even remotely counters this is to mass build by clicking once and dragging.  The first one will turn into the new unit, while the rest will be what I wanted to be built.  Is there any way to avoid this other than just not building the custom unit?

Note:  I can certainly appreciate the effort that went into making this new unit, and I do like the idea quite a bit.  Being able to make the unit here is a fun idea.  It's just that the way it's built renders the entire rest of the game unplayable. Or at least very annoying to play.  You should definitely keep at it though, and try doing this again without the nasty bug.   

planetfall

Quote from: Randomgold on May 01, 2014, 06:40:32 PM
I just started playing and I found a rather nasty bug with your new unit.  When I try to build just that one unit, it's fine.  But then I can't stop building it.  No matter what I click, I build the new guy.  Whenever I try and switch to building something else, I build the new one.  Weapons, structures, titans.  None of it matters.  It all turns out to be the new structure.  The only way I've seen that even remotely counters this is to mass build by clicking once and dragging.  The first one will turn into the new unit, while the rest will be what I wanted to be built.  Is there any way to avoid this other than just not building the custom unit?

Escape cancels it.

(Semi-on-topic, it would be nice if there was a GetCancel or GetHotkey crpl function to a. correctly cancel when the cancel button is clicked (or something else that would cause canceling, such as clicking the forge button, a unit build button etc.) and b. activate custom disarm/destroy/etc while respecting custom key bindings, as your destroy key for walls is set to my normal disarm key :P

Sorry if I'm asking for the impossible here, as I know next to nothing about unity...)
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Mikoz

Spacebar for cancelling things also works. I didn't expect someone not to use it.

Hotkeys support would be really cool, and GetCancel could be realised by checking every action. If you know where the buttons are, you can use GetMouseScreenPixelPosition to check if they are clicked.

NickHounsome

Gave up on the walls and used shields instead - much easier.