A challenge

Started by cclloyd9785, August 14, 2011, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

I want to see, who here can beat some experimental maps without using experimentals.  They don't have to be those near impossible maps from the other topic, but the avg emitter strength does have to be over 50M.

Kithros

It's not really that hard, just very long - similar to fighting titans on small/high maps.

Fisherck

Quote from: Kithros on August 14, 2011, 10:38:49 AM
It's not really that hard, just very long - similar to fighting titans on small/high maps.

Very long and boring... I could not do this on my netbook. It would slow down so much... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Measure

Today's mission, August 14th, has a titan emitter with no experimentals, on L/H. I beated it. You just have to build a ton of reactors and use the crystal energy trick to keep your energy producing level at an extreme level for several minutes (took me 10 minutes at 110 energy per second to take out the final 3-emitter chamber.)

deathsandwich

I think this map would be a good challenge for the strongest emitter destroyed with no experimental weapons (from another thread). I know you can get a foothold but I haven't had the time to go all the way... Only try this if you really enjoy making launchers!  ;D

Quote from: Xamaca on July 08, 2011, 06:13:55 PM
great thread, like the way you think. let me introduce myself with a code i found:

Kar large/high has a 760M somewhere, but the single-layer-timed surface eruption of two linked 9M kills me (its like 8 blocks dissolving at once).

you have the darkbeam etc, and no phantoms, but there's not a lot of initial space and i'll get flooded anyway..  i'm not that good (yet :) but i wonder.. can anyone do it?

So: Kar large/high. Good luck!

hegemontree

Kar large/high

was a challenging and extremely fun map.  I know a foothold can be established and the first 2 linked 8m emitters can be beaten without experimentals, but i didn't try taking the time to kill the giant titans with conventionals.