Main Menu

Steam?

Started by Quasar, August 08, 2009, 05:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasar

I picked up the demo of Creeper World after reading the article on RPS, and I have to say I love it. I know I'll probably end up buying the full version, and was wondering if there were any plans to add the game to Steam any time soon? I tend to prefer buying games over Steam, as do many others, and it'd also increase exposure. This game seems like it'd fit in nicely with the indie games already available on the service.

knucracker

At the moment it is not currently available on steam.... but of course this could change in the future.  We're very early in the launch, though, so once we can get heard above the noise things like steam may become possible.

Right now, we're just trying to get people to try the demo and spread the word.  The more reviewers we can get to pick up the game and write about it, the better.

Virgil

Boyle

Is there any chance Creeper World will be on Steam soon - within a month or so ?

I may buy it from the Knuckle Cracker store but I prefer to buy most of my games through Steam due to it being easy to manage.

knucracker

There are no plans for it to be on steam currently.  There could be technical barriers for it showing up on steam... but either way I've not been contacted by anybody at steam about hosting it.

Quasar

I think you're gonna have to approach them, don't think it works the other way around. There must be someone at Valve you can e-mail over this, it's worked for countless indie games before now. I strongly suggest you follow this up, it can only help your sales after all.

AndyY

I agree, this would be great to see on steam.

As for technical barriers - if you're worried about the adobe Air thing, I seem to have the DirectX and flash player openAL stuff pop up on nearly every game that installs on steam these days.

It can't hurt to give them a shout!

knucracker

I've dropped them a line....  We'll see what happens.  Nobody hold their breath :)

trumble

Good Luck! IMHO it should be snapped up no questions...

MisterX

Steam have a great selection of indie games, and this in my opinion is better than most.

Fingers crossed it appears there, I already own it but i'd buy it again to keep it with the rest of my games on there

pokia

after we have hold our breath can you say did u manage to get it on steam? Because I would love to buy this game but I don't trust this payment system. Well my parent don't trust and they got the credit card :(.

knucracker

Sorry to say, but it is not available on Steam.  I did contact them and I did get a reply initially, then they went dead.  Steam runs a volume business so they probably just decided to ignore me (and likely other indie developers as well).

As for my payment system, it is provided by http://www.fastspring.com.  I chose them because of their reputation.  They are a very reputable company and have proven themselves to be very reliable.  You can read about who runs their company here:
http://www.fastspring.com/company.php

Note that I never see or have access to any of your parent's credit card information (or whatever means they pay with).  Fastspring only has access to this information, and they use secured servers in full compliance with credit industry rules for safe handling of the information.  Fastspring is as or more reliable than any other payment processing system or business (including steam).  If you experience any payment problems, they also have excellent support.  You can also contact me directly via email if you have any problems with your order or getting the game.

In short, I've tried to make available the most reliable and flexible payment options I could.  I've also priced the game at an amount which in no way reflects the toil that went into creating the game :)  But that is good news for the players... and happy players is what this is all about at the end of the day.

pokia

ok thanks for the knollege:)
well I need to investigate that page(well my parents are so scary of internet, like every page stoles ur identety and etc.)
but need to look to it if I can buy this game:) and yeah that price wont reflect enyone.

Aurzel

yeah i know the feeling, it used to be a bit like that for me
what i did, which is a pretty good idea is to have your parents open an account for you with your own credit card, then they can just deposit how much you need and if something does happen like the account getting hacked then you lose like $20 at most and you can just close the account

pokia

thanks for great idea :)
but well I am underage so I cant get that kind of credit card what can be used for buying internet, but lets see if they like that idea(got good feeling about this at christmas).

Aurzel