Custom Map #107: CW Portal 2 Ending

Started by AutoPost, August 28, 2011, 03:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #107: CW Portal 2 Ending

Author: Grabarz19

Desc:
DO NOT PLAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPOIL YOURSELF ORIGINAL PORTAL 2 ENDING! I did my best to balance this map. Hope it turned out nicely. All information is written in game. Just keep a look on what's going on! :)

Grabarz

Custom tiles used:
(mostly modified original ones)
Custom characters used:

DethbyIT

Very interesting concept of play!
The ending will surprise most players.

Thank you for putting this one together.
dbit

Ebon Heart

I must say, I LOVE this map. I'm gonna finish it up tomorrow. I like the portal games almost as much as the creeper world games... Sadly though, portal doesn't have nearly the same replay value as creeper world. That's when you play portal, IN creeper world. XD Keep up the good work.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Grabarz

Yay, finally some feedback <3
I realized after uploading that I havent mentioned anything about the cameras (being the creeper, obviously) in both rooms, to which the "elevator" goes to. Hope not many people get confused :V

I'm opened on opinions from people who played Portal 2 :D

Ebon Heart

I love how you protected that top part from repulsors... though I have one complaint. No bombs? really? The bombs MADE that battle.
EDIT: broke your map. :P see attachment.

Grabarz

Oh lol, :D
Well, I didn't want to remove all possibilities of cheating, since its sometimes fun. Forgot about repulsors though ;(
Might make version 2 someday, because since now I can't sort those fields in any way, it's a pain to add even more, like for bombs :P

TonyP2000

I played your map, it was pretty fun.

Awesome tiles though, do you mind if I use those for my Portal themed map that I was planning on making?
Vote Tony!

Grauniad

I haven't checked to see if you have done this, but if you want to donate your tiles and custom character images for other mapmakers, feel free to add them in this thread.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grabarz on August 29, 2011, 09:02:37 AM
Well, I didn't want to remove all possibilities of cheating, since its sometimes fun. Forgot about repulsors though ;(
Might make version 2 someday, because since now I can't sort those fields in any way, it's a pain to add even more, like for bombs :P
Ironically, Wheatley makes a great shield. :P oh, also, how exactly are you supposed to beat it the "right" way? I tried blasters... but they just waste ammo, with the uber thin creeper. And repulsors can only hold it back for so long... the third wave is brutal.

Grabarz

Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 29, 2011, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: Grabarz on August 29, 2011, 09:02:37 AM
Ironically, Wheatley makes a great shield. :P oh, also, how exactly are you supposed to beat it the "right" way? I tried blasters... but they just waste ammo, with the uber thin creeper. And repulsors can only hold it back for so long... the third wave is brutal.
The only legit way of beating this map is stay where you are, and defend the position until 10:00 minute. This is where GlaDOS takes over the facility, then all you have to do is just go up and destroy the creeper cameras.
In the starting position, there's enough space underneath for reactors.

Also, don't bother yourself fighting over Wheatley's body, the cores will take care of him later on. Damn, I really hoped it was obvious enough xD

Ebon Heart

So I actually did it the right way? Lol.

Grabarz

Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 29, 2011, 04:45:33 PM

No, I meant where you are when you begin the map, in that corner.
There you have access to the underground place where you can put reactors

Kithros

Quote from: Grabarz on August 29, 2011, 06:42:15 PM

I don't really get what I was supposed to do, but I pretty much just went straight up and killed everything - it took me 8 seconds to kill the last wave of the neurotoxin (which meant I didn't even reach the 10 minute mark)

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grabarz on August 29, 2011, 06:42:15 PM

obviously, there are other ways. :P