Started by AutoPost, July 26, 2011, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Lack of arms

Author: llljjj

Desc:
There are Czech captions.

CatoSterling

A long, tough fight.  It didn't loosen up until I obtained Drone technology.

llljjj

Just to ensure that energy and get a Mortar, then it goes by itself.

DethbyIT

Good game - tough fight.
Thank you for putting it together.
dbit

llljjj

Also, thank you, I'm glad liked it. :)

NNR_Alex

Sorry but I had to mark you down a star, the spores are too annoying, it's hard enough to expand without them, and with 5 SAMs up and that not being good enough I quit out of frustration of having 4 of my reactors and 2 of my SAMs destroyed.  I like a good long fight, but not when you can't hardly expand even.

llljjj

Do not apologize, it's only expert skill. Here in this round is nice to see how someone can just fight against deep creep blasters.

Ebon Heart

There's a difference between hard and tedious. People tend to like hard maps a lot more... Though this one's kind of tedious. Easy to survive, hard to expand. Though I do have to give you credit, it looks like a lot of work went into this map.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Grauniad

Quote from: Ebon Heart on July 31, 2011, 10:31:56 AM
There's a difference between hard and tedious. People tend to like hard maps a lot more... Though this one's kind of tedious. Easy to survive, hard to expand. Though I do have to give you credit, it looks like a lot of work went into this map.

Here we have to disagree. I thought this was one of the better maps. I like that it is extremely hard to expand. Being able to build up massive resources and then blast a heap of creeper is IMHO tedious. Fighting for space is not.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on August 01, 2011, 12:44:03 PM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on July 31, 2011, 10:31:56 AM

Here we have to disagree. I thought this was one of the better maps. I like that it is extremely hard to expand. Being able to build up massive resources and then blast a heap of creeper is IMHO tedious. Fighting for space is not.
It's really a matter of preference, I more like the maps where it's a challenge to survive the initial wave of creeper, and then decently easy to expand.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

DethbyIT

IMO - the best maps are tough to get established in - and then push you a little harder with 'extra stuff' as the game goes on.

Figuring out tough starts is fun...after I figure them out.
:)
dbit

snowmaker (JM)

I like to do both types  :) ... and I agree that this was one of the better maps (most recently).

Pigster

Not expert. Maybe hard.

The lack of space at the start merely forced me to expand, rather than forced me to plan carefully. I could pretty much fill the starting area with reactors etc. before needing to start shooting.

Kage

Awesome map. I'm an hour into it and working my way up the mountain. This is insanely fun, and you obviously put alot of work into this. So far, you're probably my favorite map maker. Hope to see more! Thanks for the submission!

llljjj

Quote from: Kage on August 11, 2011, 05:11:58 PMSo far, you're probably my favorite map maker. Hope to see more! Thanks for the submission!
If it's true, look at all my maps here: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7647.msg50705