Custom Map: The Settlers

Started by AutoPost, January 22, 2011, 10:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: The Settlers

Author: MadMag

Desc:

The Settlers live in peace in their awsome land, farming. building and now and then some bed-gymnastics to create more settlers.

Will it be peace for long?

Michionlion

I love your backgrounds... so nice.  Well, thats another 40 minutes to play... ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

snowmaker (JM)

MadMag

Fisherck

Great map! I would have got half a minute faster, except the emitter on the bottom left decided to make my life harder. I lost my connection and had to move a few blasters over there to contain it. Good challenge. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

pixlepix

Those background make it so enticing to try out your maps. Gonna give this one a run tomorrow.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Michionlion

don't let it fool you into feeling its easy though... i'm STILL trying to get this. but i've sort of gotten bored...  guess i need to improve a bit!
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

fraterpotens

MadMag I love your maps, you are one of my top 3 favorite map-makers, and probably have the cleanest art style of anyone on here.

That said, I found the well on this map to be pretty annoying.  It's odd because sometimes when emitters get stronger it is great.  I loved getting overrun on sandstorm.  but somehow with the well I felt like I had it capped pretty good and when it suddenly got stronger I was just annoyed because I had stopped paying attention to it.

I guess that is the key, when something you are still struggling with gets stronger that can be fun, but when an emitter you think you had covered gets stronger and knocks out some of your base before you notice it, it can be pretty irritating.

Just a thought, I don't want to discourage you, every time I see you have posted a new map I know it is going to be fun!
keep up the great work!

Fisherck

Quote from: fraterpotens on January 23, 2011, 09:44:05 PM
MadMag I love your maps, you are one of my top 3 favorite map-makers, and probably have the cleanest art style of anyone on here.

That said, I found the well on this map to be pretty annoying.  It's odd because sometimes when emitters get stronger it is great.  I loved getting overrun on sandstorm.  but somehow with the well I felt like I had it capped pretty good and when it suddenly got stronger I was just annoyed because I had stopped paying attention to it.

I guess that is the key, when something you are still struggling with gets stronger that can be fun, but when an emitter you think you had covered gets stronger and knocks out some of your base before you notice it, it can be pretty irritating.

Just a thought, I don't want to discourage you, every time I see you have posted a new map I know it is going to be fun!
keep up the great work!

Spoiler
You do not need to cap the well. That is how I got a fairly fast time. I just followed the ledge on the right, and got the speed tech. Then ignored the well after that. ;)
[close]
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

DethbyIT

Great graphics and great game.
I was just glad to survive!

Beautiful work.
dbit

RichieRich

That is such a great map thank a lot.

TBH I think it is one of your best. Sure not the hardest, but speed is the challenge here. I think it's beautifully balanced.

Must have almost finished it about 10 times in the search for the best solution. Sure I ended up anyway with a poor time, but I loved playing it.

DethbyIT

Quote from: RichieRich on January 25, 2011, 08:15:49 AM
Must have almost finished it about 10 times in the search for the best solution. Sure I ended up anyway with a poor time, but I loved playing it.

Great comment!
I echo your words.
dbit

MadMag

csr

Great graphics. Very pleasing to the eye. All your maps that I have played are really good.

MadMag