Custom Map: Innovations & Inventions 2: Pottery

Started by AutoPost, December 28, 2010, 01:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Innovations & Inventions 2: Pottery

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
The second map to my series. In this map, surrounded by emitters, you need to jump over to the other two pieces of pottery while dealing with increasing emitter strength.

Fisherck

Title:
Innovations & Inventions 2: Pottery
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land
Remarks:
Stay on the biggest piece of pottery until you have enough energy to combat rising emitter strength and jump to the other two pieces.
Description:
Invented or at least first used around 5500-6000bc, pottery gave people the ability to hold food and water. Very important, especially if water was far away. It was possibly known of even farther back, but since people were nomadic, pottery was too heavy to keep with them. This is also the first appearance of the wheel, in the form of the potter's wheel. But that is another invention...

The city starts at the highest point on the map, giving you some time. But fairly soon, even that will be threatened. The key in this map is to be able to get over to the other pieces of pottery with little error. All emitters will increase at 80 seconds and 6 minutes. The emitters on the two outside pieces of pottery will also increase at 12 minutes while the one on the inside does NOT. And while the emitters on the inside do not increase at 12 minutes, they are already slightly stronger than the other emitters.
Download page:
Innovations & Inventions 2: Pottery
Full size screen shot:

More maps:
See here for all Innovations & Inventions
And here for my non series maps

Design by the one and only UpperKEES
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

snowmaker (JM)

That was one of your easier maps. It deserves a redo though now that I've played it once  ;D

Keep them coming.

Fisherck

Quote from: snowmaker (JM) on December 28, 2010, 11:38:08 AM
That was one of your easier maps. It deserves a redo though now that I've played it once  ;D

Keep them coming.
I would not call it easy. It took me three full attempts to get my score! Of course, I was going for the fastest time I could possibly get. It was one of my easier maps, but there will be harder to come. I think the wheel will be a lot harder, the way it is going. So wait in fear!!! ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

snowmaker (JM)

Fisherck

Actually, it is looking like the wheel is three maps away. Apperantly people invented the boat and irrigation before the wheel :o. They were inventing a lot of important things back then :). My first 5 maps will be things invented before 5000 bc.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps