Custom Map: Innovations & Inventions 1: Fire

Started by AutoPost, December 21, 2010, 10:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Innovations & Inventions 1: Fire

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
The first map to my first series. This map will test your ability to work with the maximum amount of space you can aquire using the least amount of energy. Enjoy.

Fisherck

Title:
Innovations & Inventions 1: Fire
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land & Air
Remarks:
As fire, you need to protect yourself from the very force that created you, a thunder storm.
Description:
The first use of fire is thought to be by the Homo erectus, using it as far back as 1.5 million years ago. But it is not until as late 15,000 years ago that mankind started making their own fires! But how did it start? It was probably a lightning stike, wild fires, or the correct stones coincidentally hitting themselves making sparks. But in this case, it was a thunder storm that started this fire.

As fire, you need to keep yourself alive from the rain, for mandkind has not yet learned how to do it. First, and foremost, spread across the logs, they will be your greatest protection. But watch out for the puddle that is under you, for as the storm gets stronger, it will puddle up faster. And if the logs get wet you will not get as much energy to grow. The rain will start as a drizzle, but will quickly become a downpour, so build yourself up quickly. Also, this is a thunder storm, so watch out for lightning. Of course, lightning always comes from the top...

Emitters under the log will increase after a 100 seconds and the emitters on the red flames will increase at 180 seconds.  Spore waves will come every 130 seconds from the top, increasing from 1 to 2 to 4. This map does not use reactors, so every little bit of space is necessary. Maximise the space you control while using the minimum cost to keep it.
Download page:
Innovations & Inventions 1: Fire
Full size screen shot:

More maps:
See here for all Innovations & Inventions
And here for my non series maps
        Design by the one and only UpperKEES
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Fisherck

Time for my first hint.
Spoiler
As you may already know this map does not use reactors, so you need to get energy the only other way. With collectors. But collectors need a lot of space to make a little energy, which is why it is important to get as much space as possible using the least possible energy to keep it. But when you advance to another part of the map, you will (at least twice) be using more energy than you are making. The simple solution to this is to build storage units or more blasters than you need. Both store energy but in different ways. I prefer storage though, because you will probably have a few key blasters holding back creeper, and if they go under because of depletion, your network will to. You will not have that problem with storage. Save up before each advance and you will be set. But the trick is to only save up as much energy as you need, because if you do not, you are only wasting time. Of course that is better than not saving enough energy...
[close]
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Anonymeus

Absolutely and without any doubt a real [expunged -G.] map.  85 minutes game time. Real time about one and a half years....

Anonymeus

Oh come on Mr G. - that's an approved technical term  :D

(and yes, it was satisfying to finally complete it)