Custom Map: Mountain-side Battle

Started by AutoPost, December 12, 2010, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Mountain-side Battle

Author: Michionlion

Desc:
Fight your way up this mountain to claim it for your Commander!

snowmaker (JM)

Nice map. My only suggestion would be to have storage, but that is a personal preference ... it really makes a difference  ;)

Michionlion

That is why i restricted it.  It would be too easy to get up enough energy.  Granted, its actually not that hard now, but it adds a little bit more to your micro-managing (as in you can't charge a drone well you're building reactors or advancing).  Btw, I use storage a lot too.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: Michionlion on December 12, 2010, 08:15:42 PM
that is way i restricted it.  it would be too easy to get up enough energy.  granted, its actually not that hard now, but it adds a little bit more to your micro-managing (as in you can't charge a drone well you're building reactors or advancing).  btw, i use storage a lot too.

I actually ended up with 3 drones... and produced too much energy  because I couldn't store it up  ;)

Michionlion

well once you break out of your starting enclosure and start building more reactors that is sort of negated.  i had two drones at the end, though i probably could have done it a little faster with more.

Edit: btw thanks for the typo correction. :)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

DethbyIT

Excellent map.
Thank you for putting it together.
I can see several ways to play this one - and will have to try some of them (and beat some of those great scores.
dbit

Michionlion

yes, this was one of my funner (not nessaserily easier) maps.  Looking foward to seeing you play all of them!
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!