Chronom maps that look like something

Started by mpl, November 28, 2010, 04:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpl

Karsten75

LOL, nice! 

Here's a link (pretty useless, but nonetheless).

Kamron3

Pictures would be nice for a thread like this.

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

SPIFFEN

Oh nice , can you post how you manage to post that pic plz ?
Post it in : How to make links plz . =)
And change the subject to " How to post a pic of Chronom maps " ,
the search would work better then =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Instead of reviving that old topic:

1. Make a screenshot like you always do: use the Backspace key and look in "Documents\creeperworld_screens".
2. Attach the picture to a post like you normally would (by clicking 'Additional Options') and post it.
3. Click the thumbnail to enlarge it.
4. Right-click the enlarged picture and select 'Copy image location'.
5. Now edit your post by clicking 'Modify'.
6. Paste the link to the picture by pressing Ctrl-V or right-click + Paste.
7. Select the link with your mouse and click the 'Insert Image' button (second from the left above the smileys), or add the [ img ] tags manually (without the spaces).
8. Save your post again.

Notes:
- Some regional settings can mess up the above process for unknown reasons. I know Kapoios did the same once, but couldn't get it to work. When I used his quoted post, it just worked! So be careful with your Norwegian settings; you know how much trouble these have given you already....
- Search will find anything, also words used in the body of a topic, not only the title! (Unless you select 'Search titles only'.)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

this is right clicking--and doing what you say--on the picture without blowing it up:

this is when i enlarge it and do what you say:

how do you get it bigger?

Edit:

Perhaps it has something to do with my operating system (I use Windows XP).  What I did was right-click on the picture (the original attached one), then select 'open link' or for Windows XP 2000 (which i have on a different computer--out-dated, i know) its just 'open'.  Then you go to a deferent page with only the pic.  Copy the address (thats the bunch of words and numbers at the top of your net browser page) and then paste that between the img tags.

Edit 2: But you can't right-click on the blown up image to copy it into a deferent post and do the same thing.

Edit 3: btw, i wonder how the circumstances were lined up to create that picture... one in a million (actually probably 3.6 million), that one is.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

Well, maybe it depends on your browser, not sure about that, I use Firefox.

The link you need is just the URL (web address) of the enlarged picture.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

yes, i use windows internet explorer, and what we describe is basicly the same thing.

(somebody should post a totorial on how to do this in its own thread.)

Edit: ok i'll do it if i can't find one already here and bump it.  Mind if i quote you?

Edit2: Here it is.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!