Countdown Tournament

Started by Michionlion, November 11, 2010, 11:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Not sure where i should post this, but lets have chronom turnament to the countdown until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one is open.  starting from today, everybody plays one map a day until the 19th.  then we can compare scores and have fun.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kamron3

SPIFFEN

I guess he means to play the today date map every day until the 19th ,
since there are no dates set up in his posts .
But i do misunderstand alot , so i might be wrong =P
( cant see another way to compare scores =P )
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Kamron3

Quote from: Michionlion on November 11, 2010, 11:30:42 PM
lets have chronom turnament to the countdown until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one is open.  starting from today, everybody plays one map a day until the 19th.

Oh, wait, sorry, I was talking about the leaked version, of which I thought was the legit release, sorriez.

L'ythelle

Mich: I think you need to be more specific about what you want the tournament to be.

If you figure out how many days it will be and select that many maps, list them, set a time limit, and later follow up and post scores, some people might be interested.

A lot of people already play the map-of-the-day. You could just wait until the movie comes out and go back and calculate everyone's score if you are using those maps.

Take a look at the way Kees set up his tournament. There's a reason why he went into so much detail. Every time someone had a question, he refined the rules in order to prevent confusion and make it fair for everyone. You don't have to re-invent the wheel here. You can learn from what others have done.

Being in charge takes a lot of organization, time, and work. Organizing a tournament could be a good way for you to learn leadership skills.

Good Luck!

Michionlion

ok right now i don't have the time for somthing big, it was just a sort of spin-off idea, so if someone else wants to do this thats fine by me.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!