Weekly history tournament - Einstein's Miracle Year (1905) - closing Nov. 7

Started by UpperKEES, November 01, 2010, 12:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctuna

Quote from: Kamron3 on November 09, 2010, 09:48:15 AM

KEES: you actually submitted the scores at the right time.

DST happens in the server down in Texas no matter what country you live in, so technically the scores were posted within the allotted time span, so if my thinking is correct, you won the tourney.

Still assuming I'm to post my solutions, I don't have time right now; in the meantime, anyone who wants to, please post, and I'll add whatever I can when I can.

ctuna

These are my best times. I'm not proud enough of the Mar 18 score to include it.

May 11 was all about how many collectors to use and the timing of moving OC from mid-island to the totem. I used the drone at the last minute to keep the creeper down near the lower totem during the OC flight.

I tried bridging on June 30, but couldn't beat the time, and a bridge where the relays are wouldn't reach (strange).

Bridging might have saved time on the Aug map, too, but it didn't work for me.

On Sep 27, I moved OC to the central island close to the lower totem, bounced the mortar back and forth in the center right to keep the creeper down, then flew it and OC to the totem.

Used Firefox browser and "copy image location" to move the thumbnails to the text. Tried increasing the "attach=number" by 1 to enlarge, but here, the enlarged image was 1 number smaller. In any case, it's finally correct, I hope. Thanks for everyone's help.

Colin

On March I used a drone to keep the Creeper back a little,
while I used 4 blasters to advance in on the Creeper.

My strategy for June 30th was to put OC in the Creeper for
the most southern one, but other than that it was the same.

For Aug I used about the same strategy except I used a SAM
to help me bridge to the last totem on the far right.

On September 27th, I used 3 blasters a drone and a SAM,
about the same collector/relay layout though.

Now for May 11th, I used 3 blasters and that was it.  :P
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Echo51

Too low quality. if i cared i'd have ruled them too bad to have... why compress so much anyway?

oh i see.

Ctuna, your linking the thumbnail, you have to enlargen it before you copy the link
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

ctuna

Quote from: Echo51 on November 11, 2010, 02:40:58 AM
Ctuna, your linking the thumbnail, you have to enlargen it before you copy the link

Well, I did click on the thumbnail, enlarged it, opened it in a new window, and copied the url from there to the modified reply. Do you do anything to the screen copy after you capture it in the game, such as change the pixelation or resolution?

UpperKEES

Quote from: JSCG Gaara on November 09, 2010, 04:34:47 PM
you actually submitted the scores at the right time.

DST happens in the server down in Texas no matter what country you live in, so technically the scores were posted within the allotted time span, so if my thinking is correct, you won the tourney.

Thanks, but being the one who organizes these tournaments I believe I should stick to my own rules. The recorded timestamps are after 0:00:00, so no medal for me this time. Knowing I did set the best times for each map is enough for me. ;)

My solutions:

March 18, 1905

May 11, 1905

June 30, 1905

August 19, 1905

September 27, 1905

Quote from: ctuna on November 11, 2010, 09:09:53 AM
Well, I did click on the thumbnail, enlarged it, opened it in a new window, and copied the url from there to the modified reply. Do you do anything to the screen copy after you capture it in the game, such as change the pixelation or resolution?

I don't know which browser you use, but in Firefox I use the option 'View image info' and copy its URL from there. Edit: The 'Copy image URL/location' option also works after enlarging the picture. Maybe nice to know the attachment number of the enlarged image is 1 higher than the attachment number of the thumbnail (i.e. attach=1838 for thumbnail, attach=1839 for enlarged image).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

You still won the tournament to me, fairly sure you got screwed by the time switch.