Super Special Awesome Tournament!

Started by Kamron3, October 20, 2010, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

=/

Kamron3

I have a theme and 20 maps picked out. I'll let KEES deal with the dates on the 29th, because we know he may be busy. :)

Kamron3

Blaze

lol I would lose because I'm an over-builder.

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Quote5. Do not try to run contests with financial or monetary payouts.

Okay, so far for this tournament....

Too bad, I would have loved that copy of CW2, but I do understand this could lead to all kinds of problems, especially with minors and regulations in some countries.

I guess we'll have to do with the (fictive) medals of the weekly Chronom tournaments. :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

knucracker

There were a few things I didn't want to allow (on my site anyway... anyone can do what they want on their own sites).

First, a first place prize consisting of a free copy of CW2 makes this sound like it it might be a contest KC is running.

Second,  a second place prize of $10 makes it seem like CW2 will cost more than $10 (since 1st place should be worth more than 2nd place).  I've not announced what CW2 will cost and don't want to set any expectation that it will be $10 or more than $10.

Third, prizes and contests that have payouts have about a million different laws all around the world regarding how they must be run.  Not to mention there will always be more losers than winners and sometimes a loser will think they get cheated (and sometimes they are right).  This is a can of worms I don't want to deal with right now... not with everything else I've got going on trying to finish CW2.

In summary, I don't want to squash anybody's enthusiasm.  I think I have a pretty good track record of erring on the side of leniency.... sometimes in spite of better advice.  I love the ideas people come up with and sometimes I wish I could just let it all pass.  But sometimes I just can't, and I hope everyone understands.

Virgil