Custom Map: Chronom?

Started by AutoPost, October 15, 2010, 10:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Chronom?

Author: Sqaz

Desc:
Nice flowing terrain, five easy cappable emitters (even though they're not all on the same side), three totems. Seems like an almost ordinary chronom map, only the reactor tech has been taken away (but who uses that in chronom anyway), so easy peasy?
Think again.

burguertime

Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Blaze

FYI, I use reactor on the room deficit maps.

ontheworld

Sqaz

Quote from: burguertime on October 15, 2010, 11:31:10 PM
make that an expert only.

Maybe it's a bit expert only, but there isn't any out-of-the-box way to solve it, if you just think about your possibilities there's only one thing possible in the beginning (you would call this map railroaded :)) after that you only have two possibilities, and because of the lack of energy you know ordinary fighting won't work.
I'll probably post the solution if noone else can find it.

And about the chronom maps, there are only three of them where I already used reactors, but the main reason there aren't any reactors here is because then it would be to easy (well, maybe still expert only in some people's eyes).

HiredGun

Difficult start but the most annoying was the spores. One got through at about the 12-minute mark (just bad luck with the spores) and could have done serious damage but it just took out 3 or 4 collectors instead of drones. I probably would have quit and thrown the map out at that point.

Sqaz

How did you play the map? I never used any drones, except the last 2 minutes I only had seven blasters (for paratrooper attacks, which are better here since you haven't got a lot of energy) and one mortar (and three SAMs of course).

Timwi

This map is fun to play only if I don't try to play for high score. Otherwise it is far too frustrating.