Custom Map: Golden Shores

Started by AutoPost, August 05, 2010, 05:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Golden Shores

Author: Sauffaus

Desc:
You visit a pure gold world.
Creeper love this place! It’s hard, cold and smooth surface simply reminds "them" of home. This is why you will have to fight extra hard, to escape it.
Estimated Expert-time: 16 minutes.

RichieRich

Great map. Talk about close timing for me  ;D

Fisherck

Very well thought out map, especially terrain wise. I also liked the background and enjoyed playing the map a lot. ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Karsten75

I'm a bit frustrated with this map.

Several times I managed to build out a chain of relays, only to have then destroyed by the strong emitter pulse.

So I take it that you have to rush the distance from the crazonium wall to the far totems in one fell swoop? I can't seem to manage that.

Fisherck

I did not need to rush over. What I did was, using the ample time the walls gave, build a few mortars. Then, once the two spots your relay can connect to have been cleared of wall, send mortars over to the spots where you will be building relays eventually. After those are destroyed, send a couple more to make sure the level of Creeper will stay down. That is what I did. Hope it helped. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Sauffaus

QuoteSo I take it that you have to rush the distance from the crazonium wall to the far totems in one fell swoop? I can't seem to manage that.

I'll offer one hint:
This map will reward notorious "over-builders" (like myself)... ;D

Fisherck

Quote from: Sauffaus on August 07, 2010, 02:51:25 AM
I'll offer one hint:
This map will reward notorious "over-builders" (like myself)... ;D

Good way to put it. ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Toaster

I liked this map, even though I am last on the scoring list, it was an enjoyable map to play...Yes the surges gave me trouble, and the pool filled to the point it made planning harder, but I finally swarmed the totems and finished the game. Great graphics and good terrain...
Thanks for the map...

snowmaker (JM)

DethbyIT

Great graphics and concept.
The pulse got me several times before I could bust through, but was just glad to finigh.

Thank you for putting this together.
dbit

Flint

It was fun.  I could have done it a lot faster, but I had to wait for the wall to clear.  That took fooooorrrrrever.  Next time I'll try to squeeze through with it half open.

Thanks!