Custom Map #8717: 45x45. By: TrickyCorp Tiny Levels

Started by AutoPost, August 02, 2020, 07:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8717: 45x45

Author: TrickyCorp Tiny Levels
Size: 45x45

Desc:
On this world, a small piece of creeper AI has gone out of the loki's control. It produces creeper and spores in a rather agressive pattern. It can also move itself and manipulate wind. Do you have what it takes to win, or are you not Determined enough?

TrickyPlayer

If you are struggling with the level, here are some hints:
Spoiler

Use SAVE and LOAD to optimize your strategies during the first 10 minutes, or at least use them so you can return without having to RESET the level completely. The creeper structure may be quite annoying, but it is perfectly possible to deal with it. Oh, and you will need to put that nullifier a bit closer than usual or it won't work. As always, AC is your friend during the early game. Don't forget about the spores at the 5-minute mark though!
[close]

Maybe with these hints the level ratings will go up by 10%. Maybe not. Either way, I hope this refreshed some early game tactics.

Spoiler 2: Creeper patterns. Read them if you are too lazy to just figure it out yourself.
Spoiler
What a shame, you really want to read this? Well, I guess it's your choice. Patterns include: 30 seconds offensive wind followed by 30 seconds weak defensive wind,  Moving, Adding creeper underneath itself and After 5 minutes attacks using a spore every 10 seconds.
[close]
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Johnny Haywire

LOL! I love your second spoiler.  ;D

Regardless what anyone else may tell you, THIS is a cool map. It's like a very mild version of a Sorrontis map, so those of you who are reading this and think this is a difficult (therefore a "1" rating) map... please don't try any of Sorrontis' maps. Or JasonStevens, or a few others' either.

If you've been playing for a while and you at least know enough math to know how to evaluate basic cost-to-benefit ratios, then you can beat this map. All you need to do is build smartly in the beginning. Notice how long it takes the creeper to reach your base then build as much power as possible, then build weapons at the last minute. That's not just how you do this map... it's how you approach just about any challenging map (with a few exceptions) that gives you a minute or two before the creeper hits your base.

Here's what I think makes this a really cool map:
1) You don't need to pause or save if you're fast & know what to do. That's a nice bonus.
2) There are a lot of elements: Wind, spores, creeper that moves around... and it is
3) All packed together in a small bundle. This is a lot of stuff to cram in a small map! And it still gives you plenty of wiggle room to do your own thing.

Yes, there are no upgrades which may be a downer for some of you. And I love upgrades as much as anyone - but you don't need them for this small map.

Very nicely done, TrickyCorp! Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
2)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on August 03, 2020, 11:24:13 PM
Here's what I think makes this a really cool map:
1) You don't need to pause or save if you're fast & know what to do. That's a nice bonus.
2) There are a lot of elements: Wind, spores, creeper that moves around... and it is
3) All packed together in a small bundle. This is a lot of stuff to cram in a small map! And it still gives you plenty of wiggle room to do your own thing.

50x50 is going to have a lot of features I have used earlier, and is supposed to be a mildly hard recap of some of my scripts. Thanks to your comment I will also add wind at the 15-minute mark.  At that point it should not really be able to do you much harm, but it might force you to retreat a little bit.

Thanks for the positive feedback  :)
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P