Started by AutoPost, June 06, 2010, 07:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Super Volcano

Author: BermanPost

Desc:
It looks dormant, but looks can be deceiving

Hairball

I can't even get started.  As soon as the creeper comes out of the walls, I'm dead.  I can't figure out how to build up fast enough to survive that.  Any tips?

NMi

This should get you started.

Karsten75

That's not even the same map!  :D

ssddgghh

Quote from: Karsten75 on June 12, 2010, 03:08:30 PM
That's not even the same map!  :D
it is the same map, he just zoomed in and cut out the irrelevant parts of the picture

Hairball

Thanks, I was trying something very similar but it wasn't working.  I was only making about 5 blasters and then as many collectors/reactors as I could to power them but still ended up with a deficit when the flood comes.  I'll try it this way.  :)

snowmaker (JM)

That was tricky.... lots of speed nodes were required.

DethbyIT

Heh!
I built 22 Speed nodes and still couldn't finish that last Collector.
So, is it more Speed nodes or just figuring out the right place to make that last connection?

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: DethbyIT on March 13, 2011, 06:04:49 PM
Heh!
I built 22 Speed nodes and still couldn't finish that last Collector.
So, is it more Speed nodes or just figuring out the right place to make that last connection?

I am pretty sure I had a closer to 30-40, because I wasn't even close at first to make the connection. I kept building them until it worked since you only have 14 sec between each eruption. I did put the collector on the left side.

DethbyIT

OK...let me see if I have this right..
When you say a lot, you really mean A LOT!!!

:)
I will make another run at it when my eyes quit bleeding.

Thanks,
dbit

DethbyIT

Still can only get to within about a second of completion.
I don't much like those 'Flying' type games, but would sure like to launch OC right over the top of that pyramid.

Let me know what you think.
During my actual connection attempt, I will put 9 Blasters around the top and just leave that left corner open for the Collector.
dbit

DethbyIT

I'm giving up on this one.
The start was fun to figure out, but the end just isn't worth fiddling around with.
Too bad.
dbit

k3jsparks

What's the secret to this map? I don't get it. I see a pic with lots of blasters and reactors but there is not enough time to get all those up. Something is off an i can't see how anyone has actually beaten this game without cheating somehow.

snowmaker (JM)

No cheats... Initially you have to build lots of energy before building any blasters. That is the key  ;) Only build blasters at the last moment.

applemachome

Finally got it...the end part I just had to keep trying and trying.  No clue how many speed I built - just kept building until it worked.  The blank space on the top tier is where the connecter was.  Continuously click to build it in that spot while the creeper is being shot away.  Eventually it will work if you have enough speed.