Started by AutoPost, February 13, 2020, 01:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8169: YuttT94.32

Author: PastorHealer
Size: 191x119

Desc:

D0m0nik

Prior to myself, 5 ratings of 1. No need to debate the ratings system, done to death, but what cowards. Great map PH.

pastor.healer

I'm glad you enjoyed.  Just something to work at for a bit. 

You noticed the playing field was pretty level this time.  :)

Yet you still beat me......  Goodness

Well done to both of you.  Fireswamp is doing great!

D0m0nik

Removing the energy deposits certainly made it a much more honest game! Great fun though, tough start.

KingGladiator88

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 13, 2020, 04:04:38 PM
Prior to myself, 5 ratings of 1. No need to debate the ratings system, done to death, but what cowards. Great map PH.

I doubt that its people being 'cowards' and more like people load the map, look at it, and think "where the hell am I supposed to land?" and give up before realizing that for whatever utterly stupid reason there are a bunch of terps hidden in the totems for absolutely zero reason other than to troll people. And for that reason alone the map deserves a low rating. Dont troll your players, make a challenging game for them.

Additonally, the start takes way too long, just waiting for the terps to fly to the corner of the map you pick, and by the time you can get an energy reserve I can work with digitalis has already worked its way into my base.

Then its nothing but runner spam in there and the runners explode in a stupid amount of creep if they die which can ruin your entire run based on sheer luck.

Not to mention the spore spam from the north east tower if you dont take that out within a few minutes. It just feels like a troll map thats more based on luck in the first 5 minutes than anything

D0m0nik

If you are rating a piece of work based on your own ability, preferences  and patience rather than the inherent qualities and workmanship than you are in my opinion being quite unfair (to put it kindly).

GoodMorning

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 13, 2020, 04:04:38 PM
No need to debate the ratings system [...]

Let's each just enjoy the game, even if not this specific map.

(I tend not to have the skill/patience for PH's maps, myself.)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Helper

I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue or PH makes a map easy enough for me to beat.
LOL!

I spotted the Terps in this one and gave it shot (Maggie's Drawers on that shot), but it's always fun to see how many seconds I can hold out.

BTW - I'm working my way backwards and in the 6500's enjoying some of the PH maps I could complete.

I gave this one a 10/10 and will give it an 11 if I beat it.
H

pastor.healer

Helper, you can do this!  I've watched you complete incredibly hard maps with better times then many, including me.

The key to my maps is that I often force the player to run early on.  You can do this!!!!!!   :)

Lightforger

The start is definitely pretty hard, having to keep the beamers armed while under heavy attack from spores and runners.
Once you get a bunch of upgrades and stable on energy it gets easier but had to terp a lot to keep the creeper out without popping a runner.

Then when you have a lot of totems and many upgrades you can finally fire the forge cannon and go crazy.

Overall the runners were too annoying to really enjoy the map though.

xhos

It is a solid 8 for me... Only because you need luck to win it.. Otherwise it was fantastic!! 8)