Custom Map #7079: Boarding Action 2. By: Citatus_Lingua

Started by AutoPost, February 14, 2019, 03:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7079: Boarding Action 2

Author: Citatus_Lingua
Size: 192x192

Desc:
Flight log of freighter Aurora, 504439 standard time: Destination coordinates set. Estimated travel time: 2 days. Cargo: 40000 Ore, one shipment of standard weaponry. Approaching destination. Dropping out of hyperspace in five minutes. Alert: Error in Hyperdrive. Commencing return to realspace in 3... 2... 1...

Loren Pechtel

No idea how to deal with this one.  The asteroids allow bridging to the various resources but you don't have enough time before getting overwhelmed from the west.

DoomDutch

My tactic:
Spoiler
-Get rid of the emitters on your ship ASAP. Put the two mortars on the power source.
[close]
Spoiler
-Build two Terps where the mortars were and terp your ship in key locations to allow relays to be build.
[close]
Spoiler
-Start terping the western asteroid and set up a base there with at least 1 Sprayer and a cannon set to digitalis. Also make sure you give it reinforcement, so you'll not lose the asteroid due to overflow from the creeper ship.
[close]
Spoiler
-Now head north-east. (Make sure you build Beams along the way) You'll see there's a structure with an Unlimited Bertha Unlock AND a Totem that is literally 100x better than a regular one.
[close]
Spoiler
-Start booming with that fancy totem and keep the creeper down with the Bertha's in power sources you can spare.
[close]
Spoiler
-Now take the NW and S asteroids after removing any creeper that may have reached it. In the NW, hop over to the asteroid north with the Spores and destroy those. (The power sources are good for your reactors.)
[close]
Spoiler
-Build a bunch of Berthas, shoot at the ship west of you, and destroy the Warp Inhibitor.
[close]
Spoiler
-You still have to collect the collectibles in the ship east of you. After destroying the Warp Inhibitor, every creeper structure will be destroyed. It's simply a matter of removing the remaining creeper and put up a relay route to the collectibles.
[close]

hbarudi

The phantoms (spores) came and put lots of creeper on my reactors and other things, how do you deal with them early enough?

marvinitfox

Very early start:
Spoiler

MOVE your snipers to a safe island. you won't need them immediate, you will need their floorspace.
move beams to the sniper spots. they will handle first 2 waves of spores without powerzone.
on the now-empty powerzones, build one neutralizer, to kill the emitters on your cargo deck.
AND IMPORTANT, build one collector on the other powerzone. this will allow your bottom PZ reactors to stay connected, giving ample power for the neutralizer build.

Kill emitters.
reclaim cargo space. destroy collector in PZ, replace with reactor.
Build terps. On PZ if you can.
terp space for more beams on your ship's top. eventually , terp everything in sight. Floorspace is premium on this map.
terp the island to the left level. put in relays through there to the left Aether sources.(the tech will be *very* handy)
build at least one sprayer on the left PZ in the cargo hold. Set always on. Feed it the effectively infinite syphoned ore you have on board.  This sprayer will protect your ship from spore that slips past, AND will be a good counter to the digi-creep approaching the near left island.
As needed, move/build beams to PZ before the heavier waves of spores arrive.
[close]

This gives you a solid defensive position. You can sit here almost forever....

next, get rid of the spores
Spoiler

to kill the spores:
send a terp up above the spore island, make a second space where a guppy will be able to land.
use guppy+neutralizer to kill the emitter
Use a bunch of sprayers to sterilize the spore island. Just fly them there and selfdestruct, you do not want to leave targets for the spore.
use guppy+relay+neutralizer on PZ to kill spore.
build some relay and many reactor on spore island PZ's
[close]
Ok, now you are safe, AND you can dispose of all your beams, freeing up a pile of space. Power problem are also history

finally, to kill the Inhibitor..
Spoiler

You can conquer all 3 ore islands.
You can island-hop to the extreme top-right corner, fetch some weapons there.
The base on your right can be assaulted, many more Berthas & stuff there.

Win!
[close]

chwooly

My time is bad but honestly,

1st
Spoiler
take out the 2 e's on your ship
[close]
2nd
Spoiler
put in 2 reactors in the PZ's
[close]
3rd
Spoiler
keep a watch on everything then start to terp the points to the north to get to the spores
[close]
4th,
Spoiler
Using a combination of AC and beams, get to the top to take out the spore gens
[close]
5th,
Spoiler
once the spore towers are dealt with terp to the east and get the berth and the overpowered totem
[close]
6th
Spoiler
place bertha on cleared spore island, move to take inhibitor using PZ bertha to clear area for you
[close]
7th
Spoiler
take out inhibitor, you might have to take out a few e's first
[close]
8th clean up and retrieve tech left over, Bob's your uncle
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein