Custom Map #6775: Yummy SB5 (ABRACADABRA). By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2018, 03:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6775: Yummy SB5 (ABRACADABRA)

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Cornucanis Style Map with Stargate Blockers and Kajacx Integrated SuperSemiconductors and Monitor. Please enjoy not easy game! :) #BravoCornucanis #ThanksToKajacx #GoodLuck

Weasee

yum-forum

Quote from: Weasee on November 12, 2018, 07:03:21 AM
Thanks again Yum for a challenging map :)

You are welcome and thanks for comment!  :)

Was gameplay strategy in this map too easy?
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Twi

Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

KingGladiator88

Interesting. Personally I don't think this is the best map of the bunch but that's OK.

The key here is realizing that your creeper will never have a higher level than the enemy creeper, and that the numbers are misleading. A whole group of emitters might output 25 creeper but have a stargate linked that puts out 300. Block that, deal with the excess creeper, and then once you've taken the area, use Terps in a 5x5 grid raise surrounding terrain to level 9 and move your blocker to another section. Rinse and repeat.

Remann

Amazing map! love it :).
And its definitely hard, im probably 1/3 finished with the map and have used over and hour. Will be fun to try again after finishing to try to get a better time.

Im always so happy when I see new maps from you yum.

Weasee

Quote from: yum-forum on November 12, 2018, 08:05:04 AM

For me it is a matter of deciding which color to go for first - the monitor helps with that - then choosing which stargate to attack first.
Spoiler
I went north and south at the same time from the initial reservoir, while blocking the heavy red stargates.
[close]
To begin with I was running out of blockers, took me a while to realise that once I had taken a stargate I could
Spoiler
block it off permanently with 9-height walls!!
[close]

Altren

Quote from: yum-forum on November 12, 2018, 08:05:04 AM

Definitely not.
Just one question, how do I move a stargate blocker? :P

That's the complexity level I was asking for. Don't look at the time, most of it was just thinking about next move on 4x speed rather than waiting for some flow. Singularity not used.

What I really liked is that all the time I was solving a challenging puzzle and experimenting, and not waiting for some area to fill for a "wall pushing" strategy I used in some other maps.

Taishan

Played this map and thought it went rather well, so I made a video of it.

yum-forum

Fresh video of my old map from PRG:   :D

The same with 2X speed:

last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last