Custom Map #6767: Falling Emitters. By: piggood

Started by AutoPost, November 11, 2018, 06:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6767: Falling Emitters

Author: piggood
Size: 170x166

Desc:
Just a quick script i wrote The inhibitor spawns emitters. They fall from sky. but they only fall to the land that is covered by creeper. so good luck! Inspired by sleeper's collecter! #CRPL

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

daniels220

Nice concept! A couple thoughts and questions:

1) Liiiiittle bit much on the starting energy. Even just 750, say, would make it much harder to preemptively grab the center, and the map would be eminently winnable (albeit much slower) with the more common 250. You could also put a couple more gems further away, so their energy isn't available until the player's network reaches that far. That said, this makes for an interesting speedrun challenge as it is :).
2) The spawned emitters seem really weak? Like, it's not even clear to me that they're emitting at all. I was able to walk right up to them and place nullifiers without much resistance. (It would also be nice if they displayed text similar to "real" emitters—I know they're CRPL cores.)
3) What is the white bar that slowly fills over the spawned emitters? I won before any of them finished...does the emitter start emitting only when it fills up, perhaps? If so—I don't think that's necessary. The fact that they can only spawn where there is existing creeper means, IMO, it's okay to make the player panic a little by having them appear without warning.