Custom Map #6761: SB4. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, November 07, 2018, 02:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6761: SB4

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Cornucanis Style Map with Stargate Blockers and with Kajacx Integrated SuperSemiconductors and Monitor. #BravoCornucanis #ThanksToKajacx #GoodLuck

Th3ch053n0n3

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how to start this.... any hints?

cornucanis

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on November 07, 2018, 10:42:48 PM

Have you played these types of maps before? If not I'd recommend trying an earlier map in the series where things are simpler. If you're familiar with the series and just stuck on this map, though:

Spoiler
There aren't any great options for emitters to attack directly at the beginning, perhaps you should try attacking indirectly instead
[close]

Spoiler
Don't forget about the new special tools you've received to aid with your indirect attacks!
[close]

teknotiss

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on November 07, 2018, 10:42:48 PM

the new units can block the stargates.  so you can use them to let you attack one area, then unbock those gates to attack elsewhere.

i recommend taking a good look at the yellow gates and see if the blockers can help you there.  you can only use the blockers when the game is unpaused.

Have fun, ask for more help if you need to dude!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Altren

I love that Stargates added some more replayability since you can play hard mode (move each stargate only once) and then even harder versions (same as hard, but use not all stargates).

But this level can be passed in less than an hour with a Single SB move (i.e. not using all stargates except one which is moved once), so I believe it is more "classic" level that stargates one.

Edit: doable without stargates at all.

P.S. Neither singularity nor dirty hacks were used.

yum-forum

Quote from: Altren on November 10, 2018, 07:30:23 PM
I love that Stargates added some more replayability since you can play hard mode (move each stargate only once) and then even harder versions (same as hard, but use not all stargates).

But this level can be passed in less than an hour with a Single SB move (i.e. not using all stargates except one which is moved once), so I believe it is more "classic" level that stargates one.

Edit: doable without stargates at all.

P.S. Neither singularity nor dirty hacks were used.

Thanks for comments!  :)

Instead of your proposal to decrease number of SB (Stargate Blockers) I created more hard new map "Yummy SB5" where you have to find right strategy how to use several SB.

Hope, you will enjoy!  :-\
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Altren

I played the maps using SB first, and I really liked them.
My message was a little joke with a harder map request.

Quote from: yum-forum on November 12, 2018, 03:47:54 AMwhere you have to find right strategy how to use several SB.
Challenge accepted. I'm "bad" at strategy ;)

yum-forum

last

marvinitfox

Ah, ok.

I see the *actual* plan is to selectively block purple, then expand from there.

I started the hard way.
Multiple terps(7) to store enough energy, then dug out the foundation from under the base, to attack to the left and down.
And down didn't go so well, as the booster is on a platform!

yum-forum

last