Custom Map #6901: Teslagrad. By: KUUN-LAN

Started by AutoPost, December 26, 2018, 05:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6901: Teslagrad

Author: KUUN-LAN
Size: 128x84

Desc:
Skars and Lia arrived at new planet in search for new advanced technologies, however planet was guarded with powerful shield that made them disconnect most of their schematics from Command Node. Will they be able to win, if orbital works are still working? Thanks to Regallion, who optimized my scripts so they would take less space than before. thanks to Grabz for (again) slightly helping me with code. and thanks to you player because you want to play y map again! :D KUUN-LAN

BilboGCL

I don't see any way to order any parts from orbit, I gave up when I had 50 parts in orbit.
The problem is probably that my keyboard isn't US and does not have a numpad.

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Ehekatl

Didn't work for me either. The map looked interesting though...

And maybe those towers should be invulnerable to creeper, so that they don't need walls around them and there won't be any walls left behind to block their line of sight?

KUUN-LAN

Hi! Did you try second keys? for example `[`for cannon? You also need to click middle mouse button where you want to send them.

Kind regards
KUUN-LAN

Helper

Quote from: KUUN-LAN on December 27, 2018, 06:12:24 AM
Hi! Did you try second keys? for example `[`for cannon? You also need to click middle mouse button where you want to send them.

Kind regards
KUUN-LAN
This map looks really interesting and like it could be a lot of fun to play, but I need some help.
What is a "middle mouse" button, and why is there a need for "second keys"?
You are restricting your number of players with this kind of programming.
H

BilboGCL

The second keys don't work (at least I see nothing happen) and a middle mouse button? My Laptop has two...

Builder17

I got it to work, 1. Make sure that NumLock is on/you can type numbers with numpad.
2. Check if your mouse has wheel on middle and if it can be clicked.
3. Hold correct number on numpad and middle click with your mouse while holding number down.

Sadly I cannot help if either of these is missing. :(

BilboGCL

My Dell XPS 15 has neither a mouse nor a numpad (or an emulation of it)... So no map for me!

Greetings from The Shire!

KUUN-LAN

I'm really sorry for all problems that have occured on this map. In my next map I will try to solve those problems (hopefully not making any more of them). I'm pretty sure I would make less mistakes if more people could playtest (or beta-test) them! :D

KUUN-LAN

Helper

@KUUN-LAN,
There used to be a developer kind of forum here where members did just that - test play proposed maps and give some feedback. One of the current Mods can probably give you the link.
If there is a way to do that, I would gladly volunteer to give it a go. Us retired guys have lots of time on our hands.
H

Karsten75

Quote from: Helper on December 28, 2018, 06:33:22 AM
@KUUN-LAN,
There used to be a developer kind of forum here where members did just that - test play proposed maps and give some feedback. One of the current Mods can probably give you the link.
If there is a way to do that, I would gladly volunteer to give it a go. Us retired guys have lots of time on our hands.
H

Still there, still in the same place, just about 2 places down from where we're having this discussion:  (I even made the included screenshot clickable so you can go there.... ;) )

However, KUUN-LAN spends most of his "here" time on the Discord, where there are also multiple places for map makers to converse with and get help from other mapmakers or players.