Author Topic: Suggestion on improving CW4's "Colonial Space" rating system  (Read 755 times)

Grabz

• Community Guild
  • Where will you be when the creeper waves hit?
Re: Suggestion on improving CW4's "Colonial Space" rating system
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 12:47:04 pm »
I would left the assessment available to all, but the 'more' or 'advanced' button displays a separate rating from those who finished map, and from those who did not finish. In this case, there are general information about map and specific (in the light of score table).

Yeah, I have also seen a suggestion like this yesterday on Discord:

It's certainly another option I guess. Personally I don't see the point, aside from that it would be kinda funny, because it would indicate that the larger the difference between the ratings is, the more people have rage quit an actually good map, and then went to rate it low out of frustration because they weren't good enough to beat it.

I guess it's one indication of how difficult a map is, though I'm not sure if it's better than clear rate, and it wouldn't be attached to actually beating a map so it could more easily be skewed.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:50:01 pm by Grabz »

Alter Old

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 01:38:10 pm »
The assessment in such type does not show quantity of appraisers. It is necessary so:
3,1(32) => 9(4) & 2,25(28)
Last assessment, basically, is not mandatory, but for presentation it is useful. Well and players can make conclusions independently, whether not so? ; )
As usual, forgive for my English.

Karsten75

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 03:04:44 pm »
Players must have finished the map to be able to rate.
I would left the assessment available to all, but the 'more' or 'advanced' button displays a separate rating from those who finished map, and from those who did not finish. In this case, there are general information about map and specific (in the light of score table).

This is very sensible and implementable. Good suggestion, thanks.
"Any leftover cabbage can and will be mixed with mayo"
   - Cole's Law

GoodMorning

• Community Guild
  • (Pusillanimous)
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 09:44:10 pm »
Well, if you're going to do that anyway...

I suggest a histogram (which can give hints on the reasons why - a 1-and-10 very hard map, against a 3-to-5 mediocre map).

It's straightforward enough to recolour parts of the bars for the ratings of those who finished it.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.