Custom Map #2938: Next step

Started by AutoPost, May 20, 2018, 06:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2938: Next step

Author: Binz

Desc:
Pretty straightforward map. That is, if you take your time to analyze it a bit.

PMouser

huh, i tried several times, i need some help, my beacons keep getting washed away. ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Binz

Quote from: PMouser on May 20, 2018, 09:51:01 PM
huh, i tried several times, i need some help, my beacons keep getting washed away. ty

There are only a few spots on the map that allow beacons.

PMouser

i cant find how to get the rifts working because of it

Binz

Quote from: PMouser on May 21, 2018, 05:24:09 AM
i cant find how to get the rifts working because of it

I need 5 beacons to clear the map.

Spoiler

1) In the first room where you obtain the anti-creeper tech: in the top-right corner.
2) In the second room that already has an anti-creeper maker in it: just below the micro rift.
3) Also in the second room: in the empty cell in the bottom-right corner.
4) There are two small, 2-cell rooms, one of which has nanochips in it: the other one.
5) Three cells below the blaster tech.

When your beacon range is fully upgraded, these five spots will get you everywhere you need to go.
[close]

Hope this helps!

ea3401

Nice little map. It took me a while to figure out where to use the second bomb most effectively.

PMouser

hi, i cant find the blaster tech, and i cant get enough tech to upgrade beacon all the way

asmussen

There isn't blaster tech on this map. You should have enough tech to upgrade the beacons all the way, as long as you don't spend any on things you don't need. You'll need to take the first couple of beacon range upgrades in order to open up a spot to put the beacon needed to grab the last technytes needed for the final beacon upgrade.
Shawn Asmussen

Binz

Quote from: PMouser on May 21, 2018, 06:53:43 PM
hi, i cant find the blaster tech, and i cant get enough tech to upgrade beacon all the way

I'm sorry, not blaster tech. I meant rocket launcher tech.

By looking at the score board, I can tell that other players have found other methods to clear the map than my own, intended one. It's one of the things that make this game so great.
If you're still stuck, here is the video of me clearing the map using my own strategy.

Spoiler
;
[close]

Binz

Quote from: ea3401 on May 21, 2018, 01:34:07 PM
Nice little map. It took me a while to figure out where to use the second bomb most effectively.

Wow, thanks for this comment! It suggests a route that I hadn't even thought of, and allowed me to bring down my own time from 10:43 to 7:21.