Suggestion: "Volcano" Creeper Stationary Unit

Started by TRIPLETANGO, May 18, 2018, 03:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRIPLETANGO

A Volcano would continuously produce an Ash plume, which slowly drifts in the air away from the Volcano and damages/destroys aircraft that fly through it.

Ash disperses and becomes less potent as it drifts away from the Volcano, and eventually disappears entirely.

Creeper air units are, of course, unaffected. Flying turrets aren't effected either, and the Volcano can be capped with a nullifier to stop more Ash being pumped into the atmosphere.

harrymcb

interesting. kind of like an aerial creeper flow. although it serves the same purpose as an air exclusion zone, and those are much simpler. it also runs into the problem of visibility. you can't see through ash. maybe if it is more of an intermittent burst. say every 30 seconds a plume comes up. that would make it different than exclusion zones.

Grabz

I think the cons outweigh the pros on this one.

It would require a lot of new mechanics (new enemy unit, entirely new simulation for ash clouds), as well as additional player aircraft AI to make sure they dodge it, as having them just fly through it in a straight line and explode is probably not good. For all of that it doesn't seem to add too much to the game, other than marginally slow down friendly air units, and reduce player visibility of the map.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker