Custom Map #2924: Massive Overpopulation

Started by AutoPost, April 25, 2018, 06:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2924: Massive Overpopulation

Author: vipag

Desc:
[Play "Overpopulation" first] Much harder / longer! A bit "laggy" at first, but speeds up quickly as you tidy up

Cybersix2.0

I love this map, but can´t make it work.
Please post some tips as to how it can be beaten.
(I played and beat "Overpopulation")

vipag

Might do screen grabs later ... but ... all the "stuff" uses energy FAST so you need to get ahead of the energy drain (and/or turn stuff "off") ... get 2x nearby red and a techno first ... speed up packets, grab a FEW more low gems (red, green NOT white), another techno (increase packet speed again) - THEN you should have a buffer of energy to start collecting for real - so collect more gems (initially avoid white), and ALL the capsules [hint, there should be 10x everything on the "basic" version, 20x everything on the massive overpop version].  Use tech to increase packet speed to max, reduce build cost (for nullifiers) and then simply increase weapon range and kill speed. The nullifier is bottom right, use a experimental bomb or two - if you lose light the becon is upper left. Tidy up progressively, remember to "collect" the bunkers near the end. Good luck

Cybersix2.0

Wow, thanks! I kept destroying a lot of stuff but it never occurred to me to simply turn things off. I´m still losing a bunker near the nullifier (down right) and can´t imagine how on earth I will get to collect it to start killing those emitters.  But I´ll keep trying.  :)

vipag

Not sure which one, but "down right" is MEANT to be difficult! ... you need to be careful how you get into that corner, which blocks you destroy and which you leave until later ... and use a couple of experimental bombs to turn the creeper into anti-creeper, then a couple of guns should keep it under control.

Glad you like my maps, I try to do "different" things - not always successfully (this one hasn't gone down well) ... but they are all supposed to show what unusual things can be done

Cybersix2.0

I really do love this map. It´s an interesting creative approach you had with this one (and the easier Overpopulation map). It´s creeper and puzzle strategy combined. I crashed my computer twice already trying to get that bottom corner.  ;D The creeper gets to the nullifier before it takes out those three emitters. I am currently trying to make the nullifier last long enough to zap those three bastards. I hope you keep creating cool weird things.  8)

Cybersix2.0

Ok, got that nullifier to exterminate 3 emitters. Yay!Now let´s see if I can get to the nullifier tech, so I can build some.

Cybersix2.0

vipag

Thanks ... try and enjoy my other few dozen maps then ... I ONLY post real times, I never cheat ... so my scores are always a good target ... GENERALLY (ie not just this map), do think "tech" as packet speed, and other improvements, can make a huge difference to a game! Enjoy.