Integrity Field Generators

Started by bluebolt, April 18, 2018, 12:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebolt

With the new totem shields, I got to thinking about the lore behind PF... and the unique shield within. Maybe players can build a tower version of it, that enhances the defenses of towers located within. It would reduce the amount of damage taken by structure in it's influence, at the high cost of energy and/or fabricated materials. Only towers with their center cell located within it's influence would be effected, and it wouldn't stack(stacking would make it crazy!). This would make the tower(which would be an Integrity Field Generator if my sci-fi technobabble is correct  :o) it a very valuable tower for defending fronts from sudden waves. IFGs defending against everything that hurts! Stunning, on the other hand...
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

harrymcb

sounds good. and if you placed one near a clif this could help with cliff climbing. sice cannons can last longer in the creeper

Karsten75

So, in other words, victory is "building a line of IFGs and a nullifier"?

GoodMorning

Just like CW3 was won with a line of Shields and a Nullifier.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Quote from: GoodMorning on April 18, 2018, 09:04:03 AM
Just like CW3 was won with a line of Shields and a Nullifier.

It's our very own meme... :)

bluebolt

It's for the turtle within us :D
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

Keeper Decagon

I could see a use for these field generators to preserve backline buildings somewhat should a rogue airsac bubble or whatever else manage to hop over your front lines, or in any event, give you more time to send weapons to clean up the Creeper before it annihilates your important fabrication structures.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE