Custom Map #1124: Soldiers. By: Eiyatizu

Started by AutoPost, April 07, 2018, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1124: Soldiers

Author: Eiyatizu
Size: 480x270

Desc:
#PRPL Introducing 1. Particle Rifle 2. Particle Machine Gun 3. Particle Mortar 4. Particle Sniper 5. Particle Converter

Eiyatizu

Please do not use mortar next to supply ships...

daniels220

Some feedback and questions:

On what is effectively a test map, please include more energy. There's no immediate threat, so all the lack of energy does is make me wait for the tanks on my ships to charge.

The mortar is way too strong compared to the others—it one-shots the big ships, which I wasn't able to take down with two rifles and the sniper.

What does the shield on the supply ship do? It doesn't stop MK7 shots, and there are no free-floating particles, if it's supposed to repel those. Might be good to explain in-game with text...

I'm curious why not to put the mortar near a supply ship? I would imagine some bad interaction between the massive number of particles and the shield, but I don't know what it does...

Eiyatizu

Oh, the supply ship is supposed to suck in particles from friendly emitters and convert them to energy.
So your main source of energy is the supply ship sitting on top of the emitters.

When mortar is next to the supply ship, the mortar particles gets sucked into the supply ship.

I am still modifying the parameters for the different custom module weapons at the moment but I have decided that the supply ship is a bad idea and just focus on the particle weapons.

The other map: Custom Map #1125: Storm the Stations has better setup.