Custom Map #1120: MAP 2. By: Thumbmaster

Started by AutoPost, April 03, 2018, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1120: MAP 2

Author: Thumbmaster
Size: 300x300

Desc:
Semic corperation has warped to this strange, random, common system. Again. Help us win the battle! Specail thanks to yum234 and FOXX for inspiring us!

Tashen

Fun map up until the end.  Then it just wasn't fun trying to beat the last part.  I did like that you gave some of the ships a little more armor on this map than the first one, that was my biggest frustration on the other map you created.    Keep up the good work.

reddwarf12

I've tried this map on a couple of different occasions, but get stuck at the top left corner. I think surprises and frustrations should come early in the game or during it, but at the very end, it's asking a lot. I'll come back and beat the level sometime or other.

CyberDyneSystems

I liked it a lot. Top left corner was tough, very tough, but I didn't see any trick or surprise?

thumbmaster

My son designed this map and I helped him put it together. It took me a LONG time to beat that corner as well. I'm not an expert player but here's what I did:

1. Set the nearest emitter to spray into the top part of the land.
2. Set the emergent rally point to the same area.
3. Take out the mire spawners ASAP.
4. Use rock burner to cut up the strip of land into 3 or 4 pieces.
5. As soon as feasible, land or build 2 or 3 omnis to take out the ship spawner to the NE.
6. Use 2 tankers to supply power to that area and take out the emitter and stunner.
7. Try to repeat on the other side (took a LONG time for us).
8. The Zeus ship has tons of missiles so killing/disabling it is essential to success.

Thank you for enjoying this map! He would be thrilled to know that people have been playing it.
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

reddwarf12

I think that's terrific that you and son spend time sharing something like this. He sounds very creative - tell him kudos for an ambitious and thoughtful design.

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, the upper left corner is pretty brutal. I didn't take the land first though, I just cut it and dropped ships in regular intervals ahead of the lathe ships to keep the particles away long enough to take out one or two things at a time. Then it's rebuild-and-repeat a couple times maybe.

Oh, and I started by landing in the upper left corner and capturing the mine, killing the stunner & the other nearby things. Just in case you wanna be different and not start in the "safe zone"  ;)

As others have mentioned, the map was challenging and fun until the end. Then it was just a drudgery. I would prefer if ships didn't have the shield module right in front... not the best place to put your primary source of tank-ability.

Thanks for the map!  :)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?