Let's code: a PRPL & CRPL streaming series

Started by kajacx, March 15, 2018, 05:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajacx

Hello everyone,
I'm announcing my new series called "let's code", where I take some interesting ideas for custom units in PF or CW3 and do a stream of me making these units. I'm currently taking suggestions for what units I should do, so feel free to request something that you find interesing.

Example: (Warning, the overall quality is still pretty bad, but I hope I will be able to improve it over time)

Lastly you can join the KC Discord here: https://discord.gg/WreAXzy in order to get a noification when I (or someone else) start streeming. Let's make some cool custom units!
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

cpaca

Suggestion: Recreate each standard unit in PFE - aside from CAM/HQ cause I don't think it's possible. Shield gen might also be impossible. The others should be simple. 

This seems useless at first, but I suggest you do this using function so ppl can copy these for their own CMs, such as missile-cannon or a missile MK7
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

kajacx

Yea good idea, like a totally basic custom module to then build on. Fighter base will ba a bit more tricky, but I think someone has alread done that. I think the best substitde for shild might be reducing the health of nerby enemy particles at the cost of energy - not exactly the same, but close enough.

As for CM, I wanted to make 3x4 and 4x4 CM modules for even-sized ships that you would put over your original CM module, so that might be fun as well. Thanks for the suggestion.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

FOXX

I will be following this series :)
and what about Slip-Emitters from CW3 IN PF?
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

bluebolt

Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!