Custom Map #5526: No terps digi chess. By: builder17

Started by AutoPost, February 25, 2018, 03:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #5526: No terps digi chess

Author: builder17
Size: 60x60

Desc:
Destroy forge before nullifying last enemy. Hints and tips on forum. #Easy #Puzzle #PAC

Builder17

Hints and tips:

Spoiler
Build some collectors and siphons. Build pulse cannons as defence or
sprayers if you can get ore mines up fast enough.

You are unable to destroy creeper in void, so leave it there.

Build forge, supply most totems and start pushing back.
This part shouldn't be too hard.

When your last nullifier is changing, destroy forge and save game.

When PAC mode starts,  get totems and powerzones.
Put emitters to powerzones, spores probably aren't useful here.
Support westernmost emitter and use field to destroy remaining defences.
[close]

Please reply if you need more help with this map.

Next map of this kind will be harder probably.

hbarudi

No pac mode for me, the emitter was very strong before pac forcing us to build a lot of pulse cannons, but once I got all totems connected, I built forge and use it to get fire power to take out the emitter but once the emitter dies, I win but pac mode activates.

Builder17

Quote from: hbarudi on June 25, 2018, 04:42:35 PM
No pac mode for me, the emitter was very strong before pac forcing us to build a lot of pulse cannons, but once I got all totems connected, I built forge and use it to get fire power to take out the emitter but once the emitter dies, I win but pac mode activates.

Oh, best way to win is Maximum Forge upgrades and then destroy forge before nullifying final emitter, I can get screenshots if you want :)

Edit: That's known bug in script, it's unknown what causes that :(

bgzzz

My strategy to beat easily the PAC part :

Spoiler

In the first part (classic mode), I build no beam at all. To avoid damages from the spore, I built as many as possible ore mines, and sprayer with always on mode (before the sprayer is built, you can still set the option).
Sprayers are then creating a carpet of AC that the creeper can barely overflow. I also build a network of connector and reactor. With the AC, each spore can destroy at max 2 or 3 structure, which are quickly rebuild.
With this setup, I progress with canon up to the three emitters, but only from on side. The other side is protected with the AC and 2 or 3 canons.
I also didn't have to build the forge.

When the last emitter is destroyed, the PAC mode starts. Build spores with the free PZ, and target one HQ until its destroyed. Because there's no beam it's quite easy. The AC isn't powershell enough to avoid that. When the 1st HQ is destroyed, repeat the operation for the 2 others
[close]