ARC Module: Strafers! and Bombers!

Started by bluebolt, January 31, 2018, 11:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebolt

ARC introduces the latest in automated combat technology: drones! These guys act like fighters but are much more versatile. they are, however, extremely energy taxing when in high numbers. However, ARC Beam Turrets will sap energy from these little guys if they get targeted. Use with planetfall's CM scripts. StraferMOD and BomberMOD both go into planetfall's Master script, the others just need to be compiled.

Demo: https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=28276.0

Strafer: fires at nearby enemy particulate and hull. It does not, however, have predictive targeting... Edit: Now it has some!

Bomber: fires small bombs that detonate into 5 particles by default. Also does not have predictive targeting. The particles have tracking, though.

I also include a trail master script- this gives any unit a trail, and can be used for other purposes as well. Does not go onto a core. About 14 hours of bugfixing went into this script... very much worth it. The 'image' in setting up the trails is by default the Cloud image i have on the veeery bottom.
The master-drones script just allows ARC Beam Turrets to target them :3

Screenshot with them in action.
Spoiler
Trust me, this is not enough >:D
[close]

Edit: Cloud appears blank because it's entirely white... trust me, it exists. I hope.
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

FOXX

Very nice BlueBolt.
I'll gladly add them to My Series.
For now the schedule = Strafer Weapon = CM Map 19 and the Bombers are CM Map 24

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

bluebolt

Updated with the energy bar image, because i somehow forgot that(it's the "Custom0pp" image)

bluebolt

Updated with a new map I made specifically for these little guys. I also added a screenshot, in case anyone wants to see how they *should* look.

bluebolt

Updated Strafer code, now it has rpedictive targeting, but it's not perfect. Code is now on the bottom of the post.